.

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Will is TEN!


Just in time for Will's 11th birthday later this month - here is his 10th birthday post!
Hitting double digits is a pretty legit milestone and one that Will has looked forward to and I've semi-dreaded... it just feels like that's when Clyde left his 'childhood' behind and I was worried Will would do the same. (insert all the emotional mom crying emojis) 

Luckily ten-year-old Will turned out to be just as sweet and darling and hilarious and wonderful as single-digit Will so we'll take it ;). The 26th fell on the first day of Spring Break this year so Willy Boy got to celebrate with lots of buddies - the Walker kids were over for most of the day and so were cousins Eli and Bri. These five geared up for a 'big kid' bike/scooter ride and enjoyed it thoroughly:
Will and Addie got prettttty serious about their chess game(s) and then later Will was the point man for an exclusive 'boys only' computer time for Studio C. Willy boy loved having friends and cousins over to play with!

Aaaand as a side benefit the girls used arts and craft time to make super cool cards for the birthday boy:

Will read the birthday cards and opened presents that evening when everyone was over. He loved being the center of attention... but he also loved quiet time later just with Clyde, building his new legos.

Will took the lead in decorating his cake this year - hard to see but the candles are in the shape of "10". 
Carma took the lead in giddily devouring her piece of cake and accompanying ice cream haha.

Ten years ago I remember sitting in recovery with this perfect little chubby boy just feeling like my heart was overflowing - lightning had struck twice and I had been given a second perfect son to love and snuggle and take care of. It was absolutely love at first sight.
And to copy Ivy's and Addie's acrostic idea, here's mine for my sweet ten-year-old:
W: Wildly entertaining. Will is (almost) always up for a game or story or opportunity to make up characters that he can draw and name and create superhero-like strengths for. 
I: Incredibly intelligent. This kid retains information like you wouldn't believe. Everything he learns just finds a little home in his expansive brain and chills out until he feels inclined to nonchalantly rattle it off.
L: Literally the most literal child ever haha. Also, logical. Which means he's constantly looking at me with furrowed brows when I go off on some figurative/emotional spiel to determine if I'm being serious or not haha! One of my favorite things is to see how long he'll believe me when I spout complete nonsense.
L: Long-suffering ;). Will isn't the biggest fan of my constant need to hug him and snuggle him and try to hold his hand and kiss his cute little face... but he is very patient with me doing so a fair amount of the time - and I'm mostly good at respecting his boundaries and space when he needs it haha. Ohhhh how I love my Willy boy!!

No comments: