.

Monday, December 31, 2018

the rest o' january


I mean, let's just jump in with the scariest thing that happened in January: that little snow bunny on the left randomly appeared on my doorstep one night.... horrifying, right? Of course, I knew immediately who the culprits were - it helped that they texted me the picture on the right the next day haha. So definitely think twice before canceling plans with Aleesha and Karlina - they WILL make you pay....
Another scary thing was my birthday! jk, I don't mind getting older. I did have to get a new license, which meant taking two kids to the DMV. Now that's actually terrifying. Blessedly the lines were pretty short and they did awesome. I was sad to say goodbye to my old picture... and I did change my weight after several years of it being blatantly false. It's still not accurate... but it's closer haha.

Few pictures from my actual birthday! Shannon's birthday is two days after mine... so we opted to celebrate with a kid-free trip to Target!! Definitely what birthday dreams are made of. Also included are Chuck gazing adoringly at me and pictures from an evening trip to the library. Glamorous way to turn 33!

I did love getting birthday texts and calls and messages - a couple of which required screenshots for posterity. First, Dan the Man admitting that we're friends haha:

and second, this ridiculous text from Emily that 100% made me cry REAL tears. Emily is amazing, so to have her think so highly of me is humbling. I should probably read this like once a week and try to live up to deserving it!

Speaking of Emily, we had SUCH a fun girls' brunch/baby shower for her and Kaitlyn earlier in the month. We opted for a rainbow theme, citing the lyric 'somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true' as our inspiration. As always, I'm in complete awe of Nycole, Kara, Paulina, and Melinda - they put incredible thought and care and creativity into making this happen and it was so perfect. And now I want alllll of that food.


The gang, just missing Nicole. Loved being together and celebrating Em and Kaitlyn. Also, am I really the shortest? What was the shoe/heel/boot situation here??

Random pictures of... three of my kids:

I was able to attend the funeral of a great-aunt with my dad. I loved hearing about her life and being able to watch my dad catch up with several of his Montgomery cousins - here's my dad with a few of them, including my aunt Diane and uncle Randy.

One day Clyde's friend was lamenting her shortage of ingredients to make cookies... so Clyde offered two eggs - delivery included. He and Carma set off on the mile walk and the eggs arrived safely! (I was heading to run an errand and offered them a ride - but they insisted on walking and having an adventure together).
I pick up Clyde from school before the other boys, and I love having a few minutes with just him to chat about his day.... these pictures are proof that he finds me hilarious ;).

And here's the January round-up of things I deemed screenshot-worthy!

Died at this one:

 Aaaaand this one. TRUTH.

 Okay, this was a video of the girl waving that wand quickly but I needed some preservation of it, so the picture works. Literally me.

 Chuck and I discuss this constantly re: our kids. Little pills!

 There's always time for a leisurely walk through heaven, aka Target.

Turns out there were at least 15 words on this anagrams game, but each of us could only find 10 haha. 

This. Jeans are occasionally necessary to wear in the outside world, but they should be exchanged for something softer and more comfortable immediately upon arriving at home. Like, store your sweatpants in the front closet and pull a Mister Rogers in your entry way.

 And since we started with something scary, we might as well end on that note too. Randomly came upon this in a twitter moments series and I laugh every time I re-read it. Kids are terrifying, yo! 

No comments: