.

Sunday, December 16, 2018

January: church stufff


Somedays you just need to hide out in a dark classroom for a few minutes during church, ya know? And then text this picture to your husband when he asks where you are haha.

Snowy temple trip with Karlina! We decided that 'vandalism' on temple grounds is legit as long as you write something uplifting ;).
Once upon a time I made Stephanie make four tres du leches cakes.... for a stake activity.... that she couldn't even attend... and then I failed to save her a plate from it.... so three months later I finally followed through with a temple and Cafe Rio date! 

Chuck and I hit up the temple one day. We sent the first picture to Dan and he wasn't impressed with our smiles so we sent him that second picture too haha:

As always, Grandma Pam is the best nanny ever so that I can run off to the temple so regularly.

I love reminders of how directly we're instructed in the scriptures to care for one another:

.... partially because it backs up how in line my religious and political beliefs are! I loved this explanation from A.J. Balukoff. I'm sure I looked like some kind of yahoo when I read this for the first time and was vigorously nodding my head along. It just makes sense, yo. I mean, in James it does say that God giveth to all men liberally... not conservatively ;). 

Oh man, I found this dress at D.I. one day and fell in love. It's still al little big for Carma, but she picked it out one Sunday and couldn't be talked out of wearing it. I made Grandma Pam stop by after her ward got over to do the cute bun in Carma's hair haha. And because she looked so pretty, Carma of course refused to pose for pictures for the most part but was VERY happy to smile when she locked me and Clyde out of the house after church....
Another January Sunday, juggling her baby and wand and annoying musical toy!

Cub Scout Pack Meeting! Willy boy apparently earned some things... which I handed out as his leaders looked on. Let's be honest, that's as much as I remember ;).
Cute Carma and Keylee watching the ward talent show in January. 

The three Cs were on their own for a weekend while Will, Jack, and I went to Utah. Chuck sent me these proof of life/church attendance pictures and I laughed pretty good at Carma's shoe choice haha:

Chuck also sent me thiiiiiis picture. I put about a million-ish hours into creating a ward history for 2017 (it would have gone quicker without my need for frequent breaks and procrastination...) and Bishop Merritt had a few copies printed and bound sooo nicely! I was so surprised and grateful that it was well received.

Loved this reminder from President Nelson:


And these as well. Life can get pretty complicated and sometimes we get overwhelmed with expectations and pressures and just want to quit trying to do everything and please everyone and all that... especially when short term it seems like nothing is getting better or getting easier. But knowing that Heavenly Father is over all and truly wants us to be happy and feel loved and safe and watched over makes all the difference.

No comments: