.

Monday, February 26, 2018

What I wore to church in 2017

Okay, we are only halfway through the recaps of May but I got a little stir crazy and needed to do something else to rejuvenate myself a bit... so let's take a gander at my church outfits from last year, shall we? 

(quick refresher: I made a weird New Year's resolution circa 2011 to see how many different outfits I could come up with for church... so my goal is not to repeat exactly... basically I'm a nut).

JANUARY: 
Sunday, January 1st we were in Utah for baby Emmie's blessing! The nest two pictures are the same week, I'm just vain and liked how cute I looked with the coat on and how skinny I looked with the coat off haha. That was the Sunday before my birthday so I maintained my tradition of wearing my fave orange belt from Maren. The next Sunday Carma and I matched! So cute! And the last Sunday... I think was just another orange and silver nod to my birthday.

FEBRUARY: 
Pretty impressed how much I coordinated with the holidays this month. Lots of pink and red, with some patriotism the third week as a nod to President's Day. You may remember the second week I was called into the Relief Society presidency and Chuck had to reassure me I could still dress like a yahoo and hold down a respectable calling hahaha. Also I had red hair! Not gonna lie, kinda gettin' that itch again to go red... hmmmm.

MARCH: 
Ha, okay, these are kind of random. The second week was green for St. Patrick's Day and we were in Utah, so don't mind that I cut out my mom and brothers ;). The third week I genuinely have NO full pictures of my outfit - maybe I realized after church it was hideous? Maybe I spilled something all over it? Maybe things were crazy getting all four kids home and I went straight to my bed with copious amounts of chocolate chips to dull all the feelings? So we'll just enjoy that selfie of Jack whispering sweet nothings into my ear and record that I was wearing blue and white. The fourth Sunday... is the only time I've worn that shirt. Also enjoy that my necklace was under the shirt and Chuck didn't point that out to me. Free photographers, I'll tell ya. You get what you pay for. Anyways, maybe I'll wear that shirt again...

APRIL:
April is apparently brought to you by my skirt/slip extender! Man I love that thing. I love realizing how much I really wear it because then I feel better about spending a million dollars on it. (Note: it was $25. In regards to what I will spend on one article of clothing, that is basically a million dollars). The first week and third week were 'April Showers' inspired. The second week was Easter and that was the closest to pastel I could find haha. And the last week was being all dolled up from girls' retreat! Also, please note my cute white sandals. I wanted cute church summer-y shoes, and Savers delivered - I found those and a dark brown pair (look for them in July) on a sale day so they were extra affordable and I was thrilled. 


MAY:
Okay, let's see what we have here. Did I have a court of honor the first week? Is that why I wore yellow? I do that sometimes. The second week was Mother's Day. Eagle-eyed readers will note that it is the same dress (a $5 D.I. find! I've loved the flowers/stripes trend but waited it out and was blessed for my patience!) from two weeks prior but that this time I'm wearing a necklace and have difference shoes ;). Third week... I just actually sent that dress back to D.I. I think. Sometimes I think of D.I. as like a library... but you pay to check things out... and then return them a while later haha. Chuck loves this thought process, I'm sure ;). And the fourth week was red, white, and blue for Memorial Day. Those flag shoes will never return to D.I., I'll tell you what, they're keepers. 

JUNE:
Oh man, I love that it looks like I'm hugging other pictures of myself here. That's what happens when you forget to take solo pictures and have to crop out loved ones. The first week was the Idaho Falls Temple Rededication, so Chuck and I took a picture with Clyde since he attended with us. Nothing significant in the middle two weeks... oh the third week was Father's Day so I went with a boy-ish color (jk, colors don't have genders, I promise I know this...). The fourth week was a cute picture of me and Chuck, who was put into the bishopric that day! See how behind I am on this blog, yikes. Also please note that the only distinguishing feature between that outfit and one a couple months prior is the color of the shirt I wore under the dress haha. Technicalities count!


JULY:
Um, the first week was obv a nod to Independence Day. The second week is possibly the best picture I've ever taken. See those waves in my hair? Totally natural; I'd put it randomly in a bun that morning and pulled it out right before church. There is literally no way that miracle will ever be replicated, so let's all stare at the picture for another minute or so. Third week, cute new-ish skirt I think making its church debut? I'm not really a tucker-inner, but I'm working on expanding my horizons. Okay, this is where things might get a little sketchy... I don't know if that fourth outfit is different than the one two weeks prior. Does my hair being different count? I was in a different state, maybe that somehow counts? I think that point should be that I got up after camping for two nights and showered in a campground shower and got ready for church, so we're gonna say it's fine. The fourth week! I love that dress! Also a recent D.I. acquisition - I think from the aforementioned Utah trip? 

AUGUST:
Week one has a very bohemian vibe, I'm liking it. Week two was pink for my mama's birthday and also to match my skin because I'd spent the previous day "at the lake" and didn't "wear sunscreen" and "I'm an idiot" who is "pink". The third week was to match the solar eclipse!!! And the fourth week... I look skinny. It's definitely just the angle the picture was taken, but let's roll with it.

SEPTEMBER:
Week one... different necklace. Okay, I have to laugh because I just started wearing more dresses (as opposed to shirts and skirts) which was really thrown a wrench into this whole silly tradition... but I'm making it work! Partially by buying a million $5 dresses at D.I.! I don't really think the rest of the weeks' outfits held any special significance.... but let's enjoy real quick how nice and long my hair was. Because that's about to change....

OCTOBER:
Ahhh I love October church clothes! Let's face it, orange and black make up the majority of the clothing in my closet so creating outfits is so easy and so fun! The fourth week is my traditional week for my Halloween tights. Also enjoy my insanely short hair that doesn't look dramatically short but I promise it was. Next time I tell someone that I'm sick of my hair, remind me that I can't function if I can't put my hair into a ponytail.

NOVEMBER:
Okay, I also love November church outfits - I dress up like a tree with autumn leaves every week haha! That second dress was much more flattering in my head. It also returned to whence it came via D.I. donation. I love that my reliable brown flats endured week after week. Those were a Christmas gift from my mom circa... 2007? and have stood the test of time.

DECEMBER:
Okay, I just have to laugh at December. Last year I found those tights (brand new!) at Savers for like 90% off after the holidays... making them like a dollar. So I bought them and resolved to wear them every week leading up to Christmas. Special shout out to my Christmas tree necklace that I stole from my mom. The last week was New Year's Eve and I randomly wanted to do something brighter and cheerier and lighter than my usual grey/black/silver ensemble. So a summery dress with random white and red tights won! 

Okay, so again to reiterate: I'm a nut. But I promise I don't spend as much money on clothes as it looks like I do haha. And I promise I take church more seriously than it looks like I do ;). And legit one of these days I'll do a post featuring my favorite athletic shorts and t-shirts with words on them combos so y'all know what I look like Monday-Saturday...

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I really love your Father's Day dress! Why did you only wear it once?