.

Monday, February 19, 2018

May: School Stuff


May always brings a million school activities and (for the most part) we love it! We started off with a preschool field trip for Jackers. A friend of his teacher's has a family farm and Jack loved getting to walk around and check everything out. He was very brave and hands-on with the animals, which I wasn't necessarily expecting:

He kills me in his hat and tall socks and hands in his pockets! Such a cute kid. 

Marcus was probably Jack's best friend at preschool. He was also in Grandma Pam's ward and primary class, which was fun! One day we got to give Marcus a ride to preschool so we took a picture to mark the occasion :).

Jack graduated from preschool at the end of May! It was such a cute program where the kids got to show off some of the songs and skills they learned throughout the year. Each preschooler was given a word to count the syllables of - Jack asked for an easy one and so Ms Cherry gave him paleontologist haha! He adorably counted it out just right!
Jack's face kills me in all of these pictures! He's such a stoic fellow and can be pretty shy, so I loved watching him be brave in front of so many people.

Grandma Pam and Carma came along to support Jackers on his special day. Carma was a wee bit devastated not to be the center of attention as usual, however....

Jack really wanted a picture with Ms. Cherry but was also feeling realllllly shy. It took a decent amount of bribery and pleading, but we got one! 
I've said it before, I'll say it again: preschool was such a blessing for us and for Jack. Absolutely worth the money. Jack became so much more confident and so much less clingy and we loved watching him grow and mature. Ms Cherry was a-mazing!

Carma Junie also got in on the preschool scene in May! She qualified for a couple afternoons a week at the developmental preschool to help with speech. It started after her birthday, so she got to go three times in May and looked forward to starting again in the fall. 
Yes, it's totally okay to laugh at the size of her backpack in comparison to the size of her person hahaha.

Walk/run club continued into May, and we continued showing up. So weird how Clyde had a tendency to run faster to avoid hanging out with us.... oh well. Carma and I are secure in our coolness.

Willy boy was always thrilled to see us and hang out for a lap or two before Carma slowed him down too much and he had to move on ;).

Jack made it for the last day and did like a million laps haha.

Oh, my cute Will.i.am. I love the end of the year because random school work trickles home and it's generally pretty hilarious.

I loved this recap of our Jump Creek adventure - they were learning about writing a story, intro, main body, etc.

And I don't know what the prompt of this one was, but it's so sweet!

And I loved these - a few submissions from his classmates detailing why Will should be student of honor that month. My favorite things are how he keeps skipping and just keeps on swimming. That's our Will!

Clyde had a 5th Grade Celebration Night at school that we were all able to attend. He walked us around his classrooms (they rotated for math and science) and showed us everything! Here are some stills from a group project video about the civil war:
Part of a display outside his classroom - Clyde is pondering being a baker when he grows up. Also, isn't his school picture on the right so cute? I always slightly regret not ordering school pictures when I see how adorable they are... but then I get over it ;).

A major attraction was checking out Clyde's finished science fair project. He and his good buddy Jasmyn paired up and tested different microwave popcorn brands to see which ones would leave the most kernels unpopped. They went through their spiel on the condition that I wouldn't ask them to pose for a picture.
So of course immediately afterwards, I asked them to pose for a picture hahahahaha. They did a great job on the project and my only involvement was buying the posterboard so naturally I loved it. 

We learned about probability in his math classroom by doing some good ol' water bottle flipping:
Not to brag, buuuuuut I this was my first try. And then I got like 8 out of 10. I'm basically a pro.

Chuck and I had postponed our Utah trip a day so that we could go to this night, and I'm so glad we did. Clyde LOVED fifth grade and it was so awesome to see his classmates and friends and teachers that influenced him so much this year. His buddy Cobhan is such a great kid and really helped Clyde push to put in really solid efforts on his school work. And Mrs. Keene is nothing short of an angel in our eyes. She and Will had such a great connection when he had her for kindergarten, and I worried that lightning wouldn't strike twice but it absolutely did. Clyde flourished under her care and expectations and incredible teaching.

And that wraps up some school adventures in May!

No comments: