.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The time that Clyde went to the zoo with 1st grade

(title courtesy of Clyde)

Well, we've discovered another awesome thing about public school: FIELD TRIPS! (Well, field trip singular, our school district is pretty broke). Clyde and the rest of his cute little first grade compadres headed to the zoo one Tuesday morning, and at the last minute I was upgraded from a tag-along parent to a legitimate chaperone. NBD.

Here was my darling little quartet of boys to keep safe/entertained/happy/hydrated/together:
Preston, Billy, Clyde, and Roberto.

Since I wouldn't be able to chaperone for Clyde AND deal with my younger sweet boys, I recruited Uncle Cody to take Will and Jack around the zoo on their own little field trip.
They obviously had a blast. 
(thanks again Coders!!)

A few photo ops with Clyde and his buddies:
They were such good boys; every time I called out for "Ms. Jana's group!" they would all hurry over immediately. There were about seventeen different schools there that day for field trips, so it was a bit crowded but happily we didn't lose anyone!

We bumped into Cody and his crew a couple of times :).

We grabbed some other kiddos from Clyde's class for a quick photo op with the kimodo dragon:
Billy, Janeah, Keera, Dominic, Cash, Roberto, Clyde, Preston.
I had to party on out before the traditional 'lunch in Julia Davis park' conclusion of the field trip so I could get Will to his last day of preschool, but the zoo was super fun and I'm glad I could be there to watch Clyde have such a great time with his classmates!

2 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

So cute!

Holly Cameron said...

So fun! I am proud to say you are so cool for being my friend and a 1st grade Chaperone! Whattt? Seriously...so cool.