.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Saying goodbye to Holly


Once upon a time I made a dear, dear friend named Holly who lived like a mile away from me. And life was wonderful. And then two months later she moved 12 miles away. And it was dreadful, and I cried, but we managed. And then a year later she moved 500 miles away. 

And it's dreadful and I cried.
 But before I cried, we smiled for a picture. And we didn't even mean to match! Well, we didn't mean to match our shirts. We definitely meant to match our poses. One of the valuable life lessons Holly taught me was to take pictures with my hand on my hip :).

 Running was what brought Holly and I together; one night at a RS thing I was chatting with Nicole about what time we were going to run and I noticed Holly nonchalantly looking at us, so I asked her if she wanted to come. She said yes and we never looked back. Gosh, I just love her.

One benefit of Holly moving to Boise last year was her super cute new next-door neighbor (and running buddy!) Madi. They came out to Nampa to run a few weeks ago (right before the 5k) and we had a blast (we had like ten or eleven people running with us that night; we looked like a hilarious mismash high school cross country team). Before Holly and Madi left that night, we decided we needed a picture to commemorate the occasion. What followed was probably the most ridiculous half hour of my life.
 Left: the first picture we took, at 10:27. Right: the last picture we took, at 10:53.

 Just a small selection of the hilarity that ensued inside that time frame:
Multiple locations, hairdos, line-ups, poses, and SO MUCH giggling :).

 Obviously it was all worth it.

 Anyhow, the main point of this post is that one of my best friends moved to Seattle last month (it's taken me this long to face the reality that she really left and that I need to blog about our farewell) and I love her and I miss her and I'm grateful for her friendship.
 And every time I'm sad about Holly being gone, I'll just look at this picture and laugh :).
(And then probably cry more, haha).

BUT the good news is that Holly and Creed and Ella are settling in so well there and are happy and together and now I have a new reason to traipse up to Seattle sometime (my aunt and uncle even live there, and yet I somehow haven't been there since before I got married. Chuck clearly needs to take me there next summer for a tenth anniversary trip.)

Love you Holly!

3 comments:

jayna said...

Sorry your friend moved- that is always tough! You gals sure do look cute together, in a non-lesbian way!
p.s. How ironic that you have now been to Bethany's house, but not mine???

Holly Cameron said...

Ohhhh you are the best! Seriously cried. You are the best of the best friends! Now to put in my two sense...the thing I learned from you is always take pictures...even if you feel retarded doing it! Hopefully some day we move back to Boise...aka...Nampa and we can be running buddies again! Until then....ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I'm sad that your friend moved away! I'm sure that matches how hard it was when I moved away...21 years ago...back when I started pretending I was your little sister because you gave me your hand-me-downs :)