.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Crazy cooped up boys


January is kind of a wretched month - minus the wonderful birthdays there are to celebrate, of course. But in general it's fairly dreadful, and this year is no exception as it has been RIDICULOUSLY COLD OUTSIDE. So, so cold. And snowy. And icy. But mostly cold.

Which means that we each consume more hot chocolate on a daily basis than is probably safe and my crazily rambunctious boys are tasked with continuously coming up with new ways to utilize the sugar rush.
Like running around the living room using your beloved teddy bear and teddy dog as weapons to hit one another (while wearing super cute new shirts that Daddy found for them last week at D.I.!).

 While their attentive mom relaxes on the couch and takes pictures ...

And video:
My favorite part is when Clyde starts to whimper after Will skips the 'pretend' part and straight up punches him, but then makes eye contact with me and realizes that I make them stop fighting when an actual injury occurs, so he is suddenly healed and ready to fight again :).

And of course, how darling is Jack as he busily wanders around the living room dodging older brothers and carrying various people's shoes and boots?

Now let's all pray for warmer temperatures and SPRING to come soon!!

2 comments:

jayna said...

That is some serious cabin fever! (I should know...my parents do the exact same thing up in their actual cabin...)

Maren said...

You are a MUCH nicer mom than I am! I can't take the noise of all the fun.
And I love the picture where Clyde gets some serious air and it appears that he will completely flatten Will.