.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A happy, happy milestone for baby Will (and Daddy!)

Will hit the ripe-old age of 18 months on Saturday, which means he gets to go to nursery for the last two hours of church every Sunday instead of tagging along (often very loudly and requiring removal) with Chuck to his classes. Will was happy as a clam as he entered the room (he even randomly hugged a little girl) and stayed that way until I had to drop something off to the teacher and he saw me - then came the tears. Oops! Next week I'll definitely send someone else in with the snack :)
Here we are before church - notice the grip Will has on my necklace. I love wearing necklaces, but I swear that one of these days he's going to decapitate me when he pulls it for a closer look.

Will's such a funny, happy guy; he's changed and grown up so much since his birthday. He's very much a 'wanderer' - he requires close supervision in the front yard or else he nearly makes it around the corner, and he prefers to do laps during sacrament meeting. Will is also very chatty, but has yet to find someone who speaks the same language - his catch phrases are "Gully, gully, gully" and "Tika, tika, tika". He loves to stand right in front of the TV, which drives Clyde crazy; he's forever (gently) leading Will away from that spot only to have Will return to it before Clyde can climb back on the couch.

Here are some other recent pictures of little Wilbur:
Here he is, wandering away - Grandma Pam is the designated 'follower' in this case.
Running around with Clyde
Is it horrible that sometimes we turn on the water like this (just a teensy bit, I promise) and let Will climb up on his stool to brush his teeth . . . for a half hour at a time?

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Yes, it is horrible. You are a horrible, horrible, horrible person.
Actually, if your kid is that into brushing his teeth, I'd do whatever it took to keep him that way.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

WOW! Nursery is such a big step! Good for him!!! Now that he's in nursery; is it possibly time to have another one?????!? Come on! You wanna be puking your guts out like me, right? :)


I think it's great that you have him brush his own teeth. Independence is sooo great at that age. Good for you guys! You're barely wasting any water... no worries!!!!!

jayna said...

That last jib totally made me laugh- we do the same thing w/ Lila! She's obsessed with all things dental! Must be the age.

p.s. Will is utterly adorable. Any chance you could slip him some extra growth hormone into his oatmeal in the morns so that he could possibly be tall enough for Lila???

Leslie said...

Happy half birthday Will! I would say something about the amount of water Will is wasting, but my kids take after me in their love of long showers so I'll refrain from being a hypocrit. Does it even out though if they only take the shower once a week? ;)