.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blowing bubbles begets blissful babies


The Monday evening after we got back the little boys and I decided to visit my mum while Chuck was at work. Because I'm a horrible mom and hate to get my hands sticky, Will has never really played with bubbles. (I know that ideally you shouldn't need to get your hands sticky while blowing bubbles, but the little wand always sinks in too far and you have to retrieve it. Plus sometimes the bubble pops right on the wand and splashes the soapy mixture onto your face/mouth. Gross).
Luckily Grandma Pam is much more fun than I am, and Will had the best fifteen minutes of his little baby life.
Will was dressed at one point in the day, I promise.
This was Will's stance pretty much the whole time; he really didn't make any effort to touch them or pop them. Unlike Clyde, who ran and chased and 'clapped' the bubbles to oblivion.
Doesn't Will look SO happy? Sidenote, Clyde's wearing a cute shirt that Grandma Thomas sent a few weeks back. One day I pulled it out of the closet and said, "Clyde, do you want to wear this spider shirt?" And my sweet two-year-old responded, "No spider. Ant." And then I realized he was right; the creature obviously has only six legs and three body segments. So where did Clyde learn the difference, since I clearly didn't teach him?
Anyways, my awesome mom dutifully continued producing bubbles for the little boys' enjoyment.
Clyde and Will loved it so much that I'm seriously considering blowing bubbles for them at home on occasion. Special occasions, of course, not every day.
Will was quite distraught afterwards, and kept looking for any remaining bubbles that might have slipped past him.
Thanks again for the fun FHE Grandma Pam!

7 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Your mom is so great!! What a fun day :)

Anonymous said...

Since Will joyfully dumped the rest of the bottle out, I was pretty excited when I found a 3 bottle set of the same scented bubbles at a dollar store in Logan. There will be plenty more bubbles as soon as Clyde, Will and I are in the same state again.-----xoxo, the bubble grandma!

Missy08 said...

wow looks like they had tons of fun we did bubbles the other night to. My mother in law gave trennady a big thing of bubbles like 2 yrs ago for her bday and we finally opened them the other day lol. But i'm with u on the sticky hand i don't like that either.

Ginger said...

You know, they make machines that blow bubbles. And they aren't outrageously expensive either. I hate touching bubble soap too. Gross.

mama izatt said...

Bubbles...the nursery kids wait all day for bubble time!

Sam and Terri said...

What is with Braden children and being sticky? I am not a fan of being sticky either, but I don't understand how you make life altering decisions based on the fact that you may get sticky somewhere down the line (ok maybe the extreme is just Sam) :)

Such cute pictures. Maybe we will bring bubbles with us in a few hours...

Holly Cameron said...

Ok. I hate bubbles too for that exact reason. My mother-in-law is a genius though. The last time she did bubbles with ella they did them in the bath tub! Awesome. I still hate sticky fingers though.