.

Friday, June 12, 2009

We made it to FIVE and we're both still alive!


June 12, 2004
June 12, 2009
To celebrate our milestone fifth anniversary, Chuck and I went on an overnight camping trip to the camping destination of my childhood, Silver Creek Plunge. (An sincere thank you to my mom for staying with our boys!)
Despite an on-and-off drizzly rain, it was SO beautiful.

(This is obviously not us swimming; it's just some people who thought I was weird for photographing them this morning.)
We hung out for like two hours in the divine 'hot pool' - it's like a regular swimming pool but is heated to 98 - 100 degrees. It rained a lot of the time we were in the pool, which actually made it more fun. Chuck impressed me with his old swim team skills by repeatedly beating me in various races, and I enjoyed being in a pool without having to ensure the safety of toddlers the entire time.
Fire pit, obviously an essential part of the camping experience. This was pre-fire, of course, but later on my husband the Eagle Scout made a fantastic fire and we ate hot dogs, chips, macaroni salad, and s'mores for dinner.
Our cozy tent. Inside were the new sleeping bags that Chuck insisted we needed - and boy, was I grateful in the middle of the night! They were really warm and nice; I think I slept better than I do at home.
I'm so glad we could have such a fun outing to celebrate our anniversary. The first five years of marriage have been wonderful, hard, delightful, challenging, fun, growth-promoting, and exciting and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary!

Missy08 said...

wow looks like u guys had fun happy anniversary

tvcadurfee said...

congrats for making it to 5! it looks like it was a good way to spend your time!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Congratulations!!! We're right behind you :)
Doesn't that make you feel waaaay old??? :)

Leslie said...

Glad you had a good time despite the rain. Of course you slept better--no Clyde or Will to wake you! ;)

Connie and Brandon said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Glad you guys were able to have a nice overnight get.a.way. That pool looks so much fun to swim in:)

Unknown said...

5 years?? it barely seems possible! But you do have the offspring to prove it....

We have been trying to go to silver creek plunge for a while now - you just sealed the deal for me! Looks way fun, even in the rain!

Glad you still got the heat. five years is impressive!

mama izatt said...

It doesn't seem like 5 years! There is so much to celebrate. We LOVE you!

Sam and Terri said...

So I am guessing next time you come to our house to visit you should bring your new sleeping bag because it is probably a lot more comfortable than that awful papasan chair "dog mat" that you had to sleep on when the boys commandeered your bed.

Happy Anniversary!!!

Holly Cameron said...

Oh my gosh! Brave! Camping for your 5th year! Crazy. And I say crazy cause you said you slept better then you do in your own bed. Please tell me your secrets. I don't sleep at all when I camp. Like i close my eyes and nothing happens...it's depressing. Andddd Chuck was on the swim team in high school??? Awesommmmme! The things I'm learning...it's amazing.