.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I heart summertime



What we've done so far:
* Lots of long walks - around the neighborhood, down to the end of the walking path, to the park. On one such walk a couple of weeks ago, I got hit on by a 17-year-old (although he insisted he was 19. Right.) He even didn't mind that I was 24! I gently let him down when he asked me out by saying my husband probably wouldn't like that :).
* A four day period where neither Will nor I left the house by car. We went for a few walks, but other than that stayed home; Clyde ventured out once with Chuck for a haircut, and Chuck, of course, went to work off and on. But, seriously? It was heavenly!
* I had lunch with my two sweet friends Emily and Kara. During the school semester I always feel guilty leaving the little boys home so I can go have fun since I already leave them when I go to class, but during the summer I have no problem skipping out for a couple hours to feel like a grown-up. Fabulous.
* I've re-read all of the Shannon Hale books in my possession and checked out Austenland from the library and thoroughly impressed Chuck when I read in all in one night. I. Love. Shannon. Hale. (Update: As I was typing this post, the library called to tell me that Book of a Thousand Days is ready for me to pick up also, yay!)
What we have to look forward to:
* Leaving the little boys home with Grandma Pam while Chuck and I embark on an overnight camping trip to celebrate our anniversary. Because there's nothing more romantic than mosquitos, separate sleeping bags in a cozy tent on rocky ground, and no running water.
* Utah this weekend, Elko in a couple weeks, Lagoon a couple weeks after that. Love road trips, hate summer gas prices (although compared to $4 a gallon, it seems silly to complain that they're over $2 again . . . )
* Swimming 'lessons' (aka organized splashing/kicking/jumping in the pool) for both boys in July! It's a parent/tot class so Chuck and I will each be wrangling a tot, although this does mean we won't have a poolside photographer everyday like we did last summer. Hey, Grandma Pam, meet us at the pool!
* My 're-do' bridal portrait session sometime in August . . . Jayna, Christy, I'll be in touch :)
* The last couple months before Clyde turns 3. I thought I had a hard time with the idea of him being 2, but 3? That's ridiculous! Three-year-olds are like little people! I'm having all of these mini panic attacks about whether I've instilled in him correct values/principles/etc . . . sigh. He can spell his name, does that count?

8 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

HOW do you swing like that with a baby on your lap???? I've tried it and I think it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE!! You are one talented mama!! :)

Melissa said...

Summer is awsome! i relized yesterday that i have almost no pictures of it so far. :( I did snap a few and will have to upload them soon.

Love Love Love Shannon Hale right along with you. 1000 days is one of my top faves. i need to read it again so we can discuss. :)

You have so much to to look forward to and i can't wait for all the times i get to see you!

The fact that Clyde can spell his name is Awesome! It is just one of the many ways that shows what a good mom you are.

Missy08 said...

Wow looks like u have been busy and sounds like lots of fun

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

I love reading your blog!! You guys sound like you are having a blast and are planning to have even more fun!!! Let's get together again soon!! I loved seeing you on Sat.!! Love ya!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

You guys are coming to Utah this weekend? Are you coming to see us? Or just Sam and Terri?

jayna said...

My curling irons and hair spray cannot WAIT to hear from you!!!

Christy can prepare her ample make-up cases...

It will be the Re-Do Bridal Portraits of your Dreams!

(hopefully).

Ginger said...

Wow Jana, I'm impressed you can fit into your wedding dress after two kids. I sure couldn't! Way to go!

Sam and Terri said...

So it appears that the one all nighter you pulled here the other day to finish your Shannon Hale book was not the first time this has happened?

I am expecting Yoga to be added to that summertime activity, especially now that your dvr is gone:)