.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ham and Terri came to town!

( Actually, Clyde's articulation IS improving; he calls him 'Sam' about half the time now. )
We were very excited that Sam and Terri came up to Boise for Memorial Day weekend. Technically the purpose of the trip was so Sam could take the MCAT on Friday morning, but as soon as that was over we had all sorts of fun. Friday evening my mom watched Clyde and Will and gifted Sam, Terri, Chuck, and myself with a gift certificate to a yummy Mexican restaurant. We had a very fun double date and saw Star Trek, which I really liked.

The next day we 'paid' for our night on the town by helping my mom with yard work for like six hours.
Sam and Chuck worked on this garden area for a bit with some tool things and laid down black fabric stuff . . . can you tell I'm not a gardener? They also worked on the front path.

I weeded the corner garden and took occasion breaks to hug my half naked children.


Terri kept the children happy/fed/watered/sunscreened/entertained/out of the street and cleaned up after me. Can you say short stick? :)
Mama oversaw the whole operation. She's been working a TON on her garden/yard, so she was very grateful to have some extra help to finish some projects.


Will's main focus was staying hydrated and well-rested; he napped most of the afternoon away inside the cool house.

Clyde, of course, was totally in his element: he pulled trash cans,
and wagons,
and took pictures,
and raked,
and played with sticks/dirt/bugs.
All with a broken leg.
Which is why his cast now looks like this. Luckily we go in on Thursday to have it taken off and more x-rays :)

That evening we met my dad at the park for some more fun.
We ate yummy pizza
and played volleyball and tennis.

I don't want to brag, so check Sam and Terri's blog
for the results of our tennis match-up . . .


Grandpa had his hands full with both little boys while Chuck and I beat Sam and Terri on the tennis court 6-3 (Sorry, I couldn't be sure you would really check their blog).
Chuck decided to swing also.
He went REALLY high.

I was pretty sure he was going to fall to his death.
But thankfully he survived! He's so cute; I'm not sure what I would do without him :)

We stayed busy on Sunday too; Sam and Terri went to church with Mama and then we all reconvened back at our house for dinner and Phase 10, which Terri kicked butt at until everyone gave up. After eight hands, she was on phase eight and had only 85 points. I was still on phase three and had 455 points. Ridiculous.
Terri and Clyde spent some time reading,
but Sam and Will both had pressing matters to attend to on their respective computers.
Monday Grandma Pam graciously took the little boys again and Sam and Terri and Chuck and I went shooting! Chuck loves to dust off his guns and Sam was more than willing to give him a reason to.
I'm thinking of getting this one enlarged and framed for my mom :) Just kidding, Mom!
In case rolling up in a station wagon and sedan didn't give us away as less than hardcore target shooters, we sealed the deal with the amount of posing we did for pictures :).
I may have gotten a little bored.
BSILF! Hmm, that doesn't really roll off the tongue, does it? Anyways, I seriously love Terri. Every time I see her it cements my plan to ensure that we someday live in the same town.

And finally, you know how some people post those signs that say "Beware of dog"?

I'm going to put this picture on my front door with a sign that says "Beward of super sexy, armed, and dangerous husband". Pssht, I won't even have to lock my door!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun weekend! Your boys are all so darn stinking cute!

Sam and Terri said...

Oh man, your post is way better than mine. Maybe I should just copy and paste it over to my blog.

I was very impressed with your humility at first in not posting the result of that tennis match, and then it went all out the window when you actually posted the score :)

We had so much fun this weekend. Thanks for taking us shooting, feeding us, and letting us stay with you. And I am not mostly kidding when I say that next week I only work four shifts and I will be bored and waiting for your arrival???? I miss you guys already. Love you.

mama izatt said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!!

jayna said...

Wow. You were right: This post did not disappoint. Yard work+kids+shooting guns is always a sure-fire formula for entertainment.

Izzy said...

Jana!

I laughed my whole way through this blog.....mainly because I wished that I was there to laugh with you guys! It sounds like you have awesome adventures each week!

I love you and you are hillarious

Unknown said...

jana we need to hang. Clearly my life needs a boost since I have never shot a gun before, nor beat sam at tennis. teach me o wise one!