.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Day wrap up

We had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend. Sam and Terri graced us with their collective presence, which meant that Clyde and Will got lots of extra love! Clyde's favorite things were riding in Sam and Terri's car and Terri's magical, shiny purse with its ziploc bag full o' candy. Preferably blue candy :). Will's favorite thing was being picked up and cuddled each and every time he fussed - ah, the benefits of a two-to-one adult to child ratio! Thanksgiving Day we had a scrumptious dinner at our house with Sam and Terri, my mum and Cody, Leslie and Matt, and their kids Keyan and Jazlyn. We put two tables together in our living room, and I finally got to use my super cool Fiesta dishes that we received for our wedding (thanks Aunt Iris!). There was lots of yummy food and afterwards we played a host of different games. As an adaptation of the "five kernels of corn" deal, before dinner every plate had five Reese's Pieces on it, which could be eaten after the person shared five things they were grateful for. Since I've had a few handfuls out of the candy dish today, I should probably make a longer list of what I'm thankful for (warning, it's REALLY long):
* my husband, who is sweet and caring and takes amazing care of me - he actually made ME breakfast last week on HIS birthday * my Clyde Monster, who made me a mommy and prefers me to almost every other person alive (save Daddy, his 'best friend') and who kisses the owie on my elbow every time he sees it * my baby Will, who proved lightening can strike twice - in the form of darling baby boys, and who, despite having two little teeth now, hasn't bitten me once * my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ, who love me (and you!) unconditionally * my mum, who supports me and believes in me and who taught me how to be a mommy * my brother Cody, who teaches me about compassion and grace and about the Israel-Palestine conflict * my brother Sam, who provides wisdom and married Terri so I could have a sister to be on MY side (thanks Terri - I'm grateful for you too!) and who finally thinks I'm cool . . . right, Sammy? * my brother Quinn, who is sacrificing so much to provide service to his fellow man and to his God and who I miss every day * my dad, who gave me blue eyes and who gives me new perspectives and who treated the little boys and myself to a yummy lunch a couple weeks ago! * Chuck's family who gave me more super cool brothers and amazingly sweet sisters and who made me an aunt to five darling kids (so far!) and who we're excited to see in two and a half weeks! * our nice, roomy house to stretch out in and decorate for Christmas in! * Facebook/blogs/Internet in general to keep me sane and connected to the outside world * my favorite jeans, and the fact that I fit into them (yay for almost pre-pregnancy weight - doesn't that mean we're ready for another one?) * gas prices at $1.62 a gallon * school being almost done for the semester * Boise State being 12-0 * Clyde (and Will, for that matter) being binky-free for a couple months now mostly by their own accords (after I stressed and stressed about how we were going to get him off of it) * the acceptance we've felt in our ward and settling into our callings * the security of Chuck's job (there will always be juveniles with problems, unfortunately) and his willingness to work extra hours to keep me at home * ice cream * my blanket and my bed - hmm, I think I'll go be extra grateful for those right now!
Good night!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanksgiving was wonderful. Thanks so much for hosting. :) We are SO thankful for our "surrogate" family here in Nampa and Boise. It makes being 400 miles from family so much easier!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

I always love reading your posts Jana!! You are almost done for the semester!!YAY! I bet it will be a nice break. You have an adorable little family and I still need to come over and visit you! Love ya!

mama izatt said...

Isn't it fun to be able to use your fancy dishes! I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...we missed you here. I am thankful for a family that just keeps expanding!

Holly Cameron said...

Oh my gosh...gas was only $1.62 a gallon. I feel old.