.

Saturday, July 21, 2018

October: fall activities outside


Let the record show that two Izatts were responsible for those nice, neat piles of leaves: Chuck and Carma. Jack rolled up from school just in time to start jumping in the piles (note the bike helmet still on his head haha) and I joined in for bagging the leaves and taking them to the city drop off locale for them to be recycled and mulched.

Carma is currently is that darling, cooperative, wants to help with allll the chores stage. Why can't that stage make a reappearance when children are 10-12? You know, when they have some height and strength and can actually get things done? 

Carma also discovered some leaves after church and was DELIGHTED.

Carma appeared delighted when we met up at Grandma Pam's one day for a bike ride along the greenbelt. 

That was a ruse, however. She promptly cried and freaked out and refused to ride her bike for the first half mile or so.

We stopped for a random water and snack break and I guess she was just hangry, because after that she hopped back on her bike and was allll smiles. MOOD SWINGS ARE SUPER FUN.

The boys liked finding little spots to detour off the trail a bit.

We love bike rides with Grammy Pammy! 

I'm not saying we make helmets look gooooood.... but I'm definitely thinking it. You too, right? And as always, quick shout out to Chuck for keeping our family rolling. He heads up the bicycle maintenance and slimes tires and fixes tires and reminds me that money spent on bike stuff is a worthwhile investment and I'm so so glad. I love the mobility/freedom/exercise/joy that riding bikes gives my kiddos. Also Carma is helping me blog and this is her caption for this picture: "I love Daddy! Oh, and Mom." 

One random Saturday my friend Jenn posted about having extra tickets to Farmstead so you'd better believed we snagged those ASAP... along with Jenn's daughter Bridget! Bridget is a total babe and an amazing helper and she's right in between Clyde and Will age-wise so she just fits in perfectly with our yahoo crowd:

It was a whirlwind couple hours there, but we tried to hit up as much of the fun as possible:
I just love that crazy slide. I yelp every time but I could go on it all day haha.

Picture as we walked out turned out amazing as always ;).


Also - look what I found in the car later that day. Bridget kills me! SO sweet. Definitely need to kidnap her again sometime soon...

Family jaunt over to the bike park one day:
Clyde had a little fall festival one day after school. I was (weirdly) not invited to attend the whole thing but he generously allowed me to take this picture as I picked him up. 

And last but not least, we ventured over to a different park in Boise than usual for some fun with Grandpa one October afternoon. My dad always has fun toys and gadgets and snacks - this bubble gun was a definite hit, as were the ninja lessons ;).


 Cutest kids!

The playground was lots of fun too:

and I quickly realized that this was the park where we met with friends wayyyy back in the day to take Quinn's senior pictures! That rock wall that Clyde is perched on looked very familiar. 

Carma's favorite are the little helicopter spinner toys that Grandpa has; she loves watching those fly into the air! We also enjoyed getting to know some other park attendees. One of the things I really admire about my dad is how at ease he is chatting with people and learning more about them and their lives. He frequently strikes up friendships and if the person's native language isn't English, he can often say a few words in whatever language they primarily speak. This time it was a grandma and grandpa there with their grandkids and we learned all about their lives in Nairobi before they moved here to be closer to a couple of their kids.
 Ahhhh October weather is the best! I love remembering all the random fun we had enjoying it last fall.


No comments: