.

Friday, July 20, 2018

October Church Things


First weekend of October = General Conference! Our candy bowls provided physical nourishment-ish, the amazing speakers and music provided spiritual nourishment, and the rotating activities mostly provided something to keep the kids busy so I didn't yell at them to be quiet (as much):

Sister Bingham spoke about finding joy in Christ and referenced small, daily activities that become BUILDING BLOCKS for a joyful life AS THE KIDS WERE PLAYING JENGA. Soooo that's pretty cool.

Loved all of the pictures of and quotes by Elder Hales that were shared along with the news of his passing. One of my favorite things he said was, "How we live our religion is far more important than what we may say about our religion." Such a good guy.

We usually don't have Grandma Pam around for General Conference, so that made it extra fun! We also did lots of beads, play doh, legos, and slept in the fort in the living room. Good times all around.

One Sunday I got recruited last minute to sub in Clyde's primary class so I grabbed a bunch of legos and Clyde and Raegan built a cool house while we learned about the Saints working together to build Winter Quarters. They were so great at listening and participating in the discussion while they worked and were SO proud of their finished product. These two have been in the same primary class since we moved into the ward and have slowly watched most of their classmates move away - so glad they still have each other!

Finally remembered to take pictures at some front yard parties! Every week or so I invite any and all Relief Society sisters to come hang out in my front yard for an hour and chitchat. Kids are welcome to come run around and ride bikes and play and it's great - we all get some socialization, I don't have to clean my house, etc.

 Stake conference! My mom braved all four kids while I sat up front and sang with the choir. And when we realized that she and her good friend Pamela accidentally matched, I obviously made them take a picture. Pamela has been such a blessing for my mama and I'm so grateful for their friendship!

I sneaked in to another Threads of Gold luncheon! Sister Volkert was the featured speaker and as her visiting teacher I figured I should come and support her - and it was so interesting! I love how she shares her enthusiasm for family history. And our ward was in charge of lunch, so I ladled soup with Brother Corn and rolled my eyes while he told everyone we served that I'm a Democrat hahaha.

This photo grouping made it into the ward history with a caption about 'selfies with Sister Izatt' haha:

Willy boy being adorable at Pack Meeting.

Temple with Karlina and Emily!

Loooove the temple. Lots.

This is one of the songs we sang at Stake Conference. It isn't a hymn that has held great significance to me in the past, but studying it and singing it with the choir really made an impression this time. My instagram caption: Singing in the choir this morning to a) avoid wrangling my kids during two hours of stake conference- Chuck's at work, so the task falls to Grandma Pam now, let us all pray for her πŸ™πŸΌ and b) because the Lord is my shepherd and the promise that He will hasten to rescue me and hasten others to aid in the rescue means everything to me ❤️.

So so grateful for this knowledge.

The many looks of Carma on a Sunday: early morning still in jammies while we sneak into the church library to do the bulletin, standing on my legs during the primary program to help lead, sporting her orange and black and white after church, and... I have no idea where we were going in the car that evening or why we took a selfie, but there ya go!
 Ohhh I just loved this cute grey sweater and grey skirt outfit on her! Also the boys rode to church that day, crazies.

Temple with Chuck, apparently early in the month because my hair was still niiiice and long:

And later in the month after my dramatic hair cut haha. Also, this day we were there cleaning the temple which is seriously such a great experience. I can now say that I'm somewhat experienced in buffering marble countertops and also that I will never have marble countertops in my home haha.

Have I mentioned how awesome Grace is as our ward primary chorister? Seriously so awesome at teaching the kids the music, bearing her testimony of gospel truths as she teaches them, and making all of it sooo much fun:
We took our customary Halloween tights picture after church, slightly bummed she wasn't still wearing the witch hat ;). Also Carma! And Will!

One lovely afternoon we all piled up and headed to the Meridian Temple Open House!

Beautiful building and a beautiful tour. Clyde and Will have now been inside three temple open houses (Twin Falls, Boise, and Meridian) and Jack and Carma have been in Boise and Meridian. I hope these experiences help them to see why the temple is so special to Chuck and me.

 We may have had a few discussions with Will lately about keeping his eyes open and looking at the camera for pictures ;). Also, for posterity here's my insta/fb caption for this one haha: Will is happy we went to the Meridian Temple Open House while simultaneously confused re: why I never posted a reminder for people to go check it out πŸ˜³πŸ€”πŸ‘€. Here I am! Free, no-pressure-to-drink-the-koolaid tours are available through November 11th. Go to templeopenhouse.lds.org to sign up. It's beautiful and explains why we love temples (spoiler alert: because my temple sealing to chuck means I get these yahoos for eternity ☺️ #lucky). Lemme know if you go and what you think and if your picture turns out better than ours #doubtful πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ€™πŸΌπŸ’πŸ»


 The boys and I made a return trip to the temple the next week (actually on Halloween afternoon - which was perfect! Not crowded at all!!) with our lovely Chris/Sister Winder/Ms. Winder (so confusing when someone is your friend AND the YW president AND Clyde's math teacher ;) ). It was awesome for Clyde and Will and Jack to feel that spirit again so soon.

And finally, a few of the lovely words and pictures I took screen shots of during the month so I'd remember them:

  



❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments: