.

Thursday, December 21, 2023

October 2020: the second half


Not super sure what was happening here besides some boys and girls club art and craft projects:

Oh man - at home learning and hybrid meant I did more parent contact about kiddos not showing up to online classes or doing online work... this is somewhat accurate ;).

Cousins were in town:

I just love Jack and Isaac.


Will en route to gettin' Quinn pretty good...

Clyde doing chains at Carma's game.

Zeke in general doesn't care for anyone besides his parents but he accepted Uncle Chuck.



Award time! Carma's team made it to the championship game and ended up getting 2nd place overall.


Best coach ever!

Watched a baseball movie because Rigsby and Loman told me I had to. It was actually pretty good.


Who needs personal space, riiiight?

Couple after church selfies with a healing Will - 

lip and mouth are still puffy, head is still tender, overall doing well though!



Chuck's turn for no personal space.

No kids on Wednesdays means we can all take our lunch break at the same time and play some old school football Nintendo game. I lost quickly the... two times?... I played.


More volleyball! Here's me with my team:


 
And here's me with the darling Molly whose team came to play against us but I still had to go say hi because I looooove her:


Cutest little leaf raker!!


Volleyball season came to an end. Probably cried getting this sweet note from Allie:

And this ball that she then had all the other players sign too!

Brie and I put these cute keychains together for all the girls:

End of the season party! Nothing sketchy happened, for SURE.



Official team picture - Covid style, meaning they photographed each of us individually and then photoshopped us all standing together as a group. Honestly came out pretty good.

HA:

Instagram caption: I feel like everything is sideways right now. I made a dumb decision on Friday that’s haunting me a bit, despite this I still seem to think I should get to make choices for other people and I’m struggling to reconcile myself with acceptance that I can’t. My mama has freaking COVID because she was working at early voting and people don’t wear masks (ps if you choose not to wear a mask, please also choose not to come talk to me or my kids ✌🏼). One of my kiddos got into a recent bike mishap that’s leading to paperwork and decisions and actual work/effort from me (and, ya know, some residual pain for him). 

The good news is my Sunday nap is right around the corner, cookies currently exist in my home, two people that I love just had babies for me to love, two other people I love have birthdays today, and for the... 10th? ish? Year in a row, I’m wearing these tights to church the Sunday before Halloween. Things will all work out 🧡.



Cute Carma.

Cute Jack:


Cute Clyde in his 'tourist' costume for an FFA Halloween activity.



Instagram caption: Happy Fall Y’all!! 😍🍃🍂🍁🙌🏼

Taking a fall selfie at school while Jaidyn contemplates her life and why I'm so weird:

 Through the screen door visit to Grandma Pam:

 Super grateful we could spend an evening at Linder Farms with my dad:

Will watched Clyde jump from hay bale to hay bale... and then proceeded to walk carefully around instead haha.


All four kids took a quick spin on the whole bucking bronco:









The blow up obstacle course provided... a great deal of laughter and enjoyment.




I've never seen the Blair Witch Project but I feel like these next pictures are directly from the film:





The Orbiter! Family favorite:



Ah yes, that time of night where random extra sweatshirts are brought out from the car...

and mini donuts are purchased, thanks Grandpa!!



Zombie paintball. Kid's were in the zone.



Break by the fire - Carma was in TEARS realizing that due to Linder Farms closing, this would be our last annual outing with Grandpa there.



She rallied for some sibling sliding though!



We love spending time with Grandpa, and Linder Farms has been a great backdrop for that over the last few years - we will miss it!



Chuck has only been able to come a couple times, but we're glad he made it for this one!


OH HEY IT'S ME:



More fall yard work:


Okay but I have one child whose birth date and birth year are two apart and sometimes I mix them up... 

Halloween came to school!!!!

Quick picture for the .2 seconds we let this mask be on haha.

Day one costumes - lazy t-shirt for me and the cone costume for Loman:

Day two I put more work in....

and came dressed as a middle schooler!


Camo, ripped jeans, white (uncreased) sneakers, long cardigan:





... and Rigsby provided the best costume ever for Loman: a chicken. 

Instagram caption: Today’s costume update from school: Mr. Rigsby really outdid himself by procuring the chicken costume for Mr. Loman to wear. We laughed ourselves silly EVERYtime he helped a student cross the street 😂🤣😂. I ripped up some old jeans and adopted a valley-girl esque attitude for my ‘middle schooler’ costume. I love my job and the people I work with even more!

Also please note the mask being just under my nose... classic middle schooler style ;).

Halloween night! Definitely different... aka no trick or treating.. but we watched movies and had fun!

And Carma and I snuggled at bedtime and read Fancy Nancy, so definitely a win.

Adrienne Hedger is the funniest person alive.

And that was October!

No comments: