.

Friday, December 22, 2023

November 2020: the whooooole thing


Happy birthday Faith! aka the cutest little friend and football teammate ever.

But actually.

Election Day!!

Election Day night...

Carma made this sign to put outside our house when she was sick (not actually covid though). I think it says: 
"We have sickness. Sorry this happened. So so So So sorry. Sickness bad too bad. But we are fine." .... or something like that ;).

I always enjoy this guy's stuff.

Random selfie at work.

Ohhh I forgot. At our end of season volleyball party, we highlighted each girl and what strengths and admirable qualities she brought to the teams. Then I wrote them out and mailed it home as a postcard for their families to have.

Another work selfie. Maybe I was trying to document all my cool Old Navy masks.

Waiting for second wave buses... by sitting down haha.

The wave of nostalgia that hit when I saw these in the store.... Every year from my grandma when I was growing up. Epic.

Sent this to my mom while she had covid so she knew what would happen if she didn't get better ;).

That blessed occasion when enough votes were in that NPR could call it for Biden!!!!

Celebratory selfie while I was out running errands.

Bought this at Savers like an hour later to commemorate the joy and patriotism and happiness I felt.

Laughed pretty good at this one.

Tracking our progress on watching all Halloween movies:

Picture of Clyde came up on at work:

Our 8th grade teachers started putting together this bulletin board highlighting star students every month and it's one of my favorite things ever - especially when it's not just the same, usual students that get recognized.

I don't for sure remember why I searched these lyrics up and took a screenshot, but it's always a good time to read and review them. 

Random picture leading into my office.

Made a big Thanksgiving tree next to my office.


Instagram caption: A student hopped off the bus this morning with these sweet flowers to hand to me - and just like that, my day was made ๐Ÿ˜☺️. So grateful that she had a happy, kind idea and then followed through with it - it encourages me to act on those ideas more when they come to me. Life is good ๐ŸŒผ

that same day I got this teams message from a volleyball girlie.

Carma helped carry both my flowers and my coat out to the car that day ;).

My solo picture from volleyball pictures.

Instagram caption: Rifled through Will’s school file today to find something and happened upon these pictures from his preschool days... and I immediately teared up ๐Ÿ˜ญ. I never anticipated being a “you’re gonna miss this” person but HOLY MOLY do I miss that little boy. Those years were SO hard and I don’t miss meltdowns and diapers and car seats and inconsistent sleep patterns and the exhaustion of having little kiddos... but I absolutely miss this face. I mean, I guess this face is still around but it’s attached to a body that is one solid growth spurt away from being taller than me ๐Ÿ˜ญ and it isn’t as easy to protect him and keep him safe and just snuggle him all the time. So grateful for my Willy Boy ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก.

Oh my gosh, funniest day at school. 8th graders have been weirded out by this random chunk of concrete in the grass for a while. I finally gave them permission to excavate it during lunch: 

I don't want to talk about how many pairs of scissors were involved and will probably never be the same.

And then I thiiiiink we decided that it was actually some sort of tombstone marking the final resting place of a bird... a seagull probably?

And so we obviously held a quick service to come together and mourn. Molly's commitment though!!

I think at this point we were feeling better:

Oh man, had to document this twinning moment with Crist and Gomez. I mean, any day you wear Boise State gear you're pretty much guaranteed to twin with Gomez, but it was still impressive.

No clue on the context here, just some normal family bonding:




ending with some wrestling and then some snuggling with silly faces.

What would happen if I ever made it to therapy:

Instagram caption: I mean, doesn’t everyone plug their nose whilst jumping into a huge pile of leaves?? ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ Jack is the best ๐Ÿคฃ

A pleasant occurrence for everyone involved when Grandma helps measure you for your choir pants.

Javi getting alll his priorities in line:

Random selfie by the trash can?

Girls night:

Wellllll this was beautiful.

Whoever ran the Utah coronavirus social medias was the best. Consistently good content.

Yet another attempt at holding the boys accountable for schoolwork during the day when they're unsupervised haha.

Just some fun documentation of the ridiculous post election stuff: (very timely three years later as I'm typing this, hmmmmm)

K I don't have Pinterest but this is accurate:

Suddenly realizing why Chuck always has a picture of me as his phone screensaver....

Ah yes, bells. For me it was bells.

Rainbow!!


Steve - an oft overlooked but crucial member of the school safety team.


Best kinda texts to get.

Love this. So much is emphasized about all or nothing, give it 100%, if something's worth doing, it's worth doing right/your best/ etc.... which is okay but there's also a good argument for this line of thinking.

Instagram caption: Today I’m grateful for those in decision making positions who are working to maintain some semblance of normalcy while easing the burden on the health, emergency, judicial, and educational systems in our communities. I appreciate the research and thought and data that goes into policies and mandates and advisories. Personally, I’m grateful that my mama and brother are healthy and well again. It was worrisome and scary and based on their respective health concerns and history, recovery wasn’t a given. Thus concludes today’s thankfulness ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก #givethanks #covidsucks

Hot chocolate at work is always a win.

Another random work selfie:

This one with my bestie, aka Elyscia:

Pulled together some old work pictures for a "give thank" instagram post about the two best co-workers I could have:


Instagram caption: Day off = best time to #givethanks for Ryker and Rigsby, respectively the best co-worker and boss ever. Highlights: department meetings, visits to Rita’s office, the magic of 11:03, 11:57, and 12:51 (if you know, you know), any food I don’t have to pay for, stealth obtaining of said food, any group texting, delegating, unnecessary emails, references to The Swingset, celebrating progress with students, co-ghostwriting autobiographies, me speaking for other people without clearing it first, and so on. Current goal is to get them to take a freaking picture with me once in a while ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘.

Oh man, six of us (plus a baby) hopped into a van and made the quickest, craziest road trip to reunite with the seventh one (plus a baby):



Kara's happy place is holding a baby.



The place where someone (NOT ME, actually) almost peed their pants.

The vibe I'm getting from this is that some people name their dogs after my kid?

I will never get tired of welcome home signs. They're the best. Chuck is the best.

Adventures while I was gone - biking at Eagle bike park:









aaaand Sunday best for zoom church:


couple selfies....

and fixing the Christmas lights:


Instagram caption: Not even embarrassed to declare my gratitude for McDonalds ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”. Also thankful for Will’s fantastic use of the English language; the way he phrases things is the best. #givethanks


Instagram caption: 

Sucks to work Thanksgiving, so the kids and I let Chuck off the hook for a big turkey dinner. We are so gracious ☺️๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿงก.

Instead we opted for him making a delicious pancakes and egg spread for breakfast ๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ.

The rest of the day was for football, Xbox, Among Us, reading books, and finishing our Thanksgiving tree. Let the record show that amongst other things, Carma is thankful for herself, sleep, Miss Overcast, cousins, football, life, and God. A hearty amen to all of that ๐Ÿงก.

Happy Thanksgiving!! #givethanks



















Documenting alllll the thanksgiving tree leaves and decor before we mercilessly took it allll down.

Cheeeeesy but true.

Yep. Except probably the forgiving part. Working on that one ;).

Instagram caption: I mean why wouldn’t Carma show up to school picture day with a cat headband and wearing her shirt backwards? Independent Woman, Age 6.

Apparently there's a universe where Yoda and Mr. Potato Head know each other?

hahahaha.

Instagram caption: Prob not the most flattering picture ever taken of any of us, but I’m glad I asked Chuck to take it- although at that point only two children were piled on the couch with me, two joined just for the photo op. The last few days have been the most time we’ve all just been together since before school started. There’s been lots of yelling and whining and wrestling that escalates to fighting... but there’s also been lots of pumpkin pie and whipped cream and apple pie with ice cream. OH and some nice sibling and family bonding along the way. I’ll call it a win ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ.


Documentation of thanksgiving decor at school before I mercilessly took it all down:


And special shout outs to all the shout outs I got! Probably because I was the one standing there recruiting kids and adults to writing something for the tree haha:





My cute little fake middle schoolers leaving for the day.

In general, I'm a no Christmas stuff until December 1st but 2020 was depressing enough that I relaxed it to  no Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving, and up went alllll the decorations.
Instagram caption: Behold, the Christmas decoration that is all Chuck: the mistletoe ๐ŸŒฑ➕๐Ÿ’ (emoji math, it’s a thing). He bought them ๐Ÿ’ณ(there’s another sprig hanging in the kitchen), he hangs them every year ๐Ÿ”จ, and after he hides behind the front door to scare me when I get home from work ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚, he kisses me ๐Ÿ˜˜... 

for a half a second before Jack and Carma come bounding up demanding their kisses as well ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️ while Clyde and Will maintain a respectful distance and avert/roll/bleach their eyes ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚. So glad none of my kids are dramatic ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ.

No comments: