.

Sunday, November 8, 2020

April 2k19: school/work stuff

 Things cuter than Jack riding a wee small bike to and from school every day? Nothing I can think of! (don't worry, I think I actually photographed his final journey home on that one before he upgraded to one of the boys' BMX bikes).

Okay, Carma getting home from preschool and getting the mail is pretty cute too!

April = the continuation of my long-term sub as security aide at the middle school. Where else am I going to be the recipient of beautiful portraits like this?? This was courtesy of Miss Ella, who is possibly in the top five of my favorite students ever.


Some days it's selfies and sunshine... some days it's bathroom graffiti. Glamorous job!

Work transitioned a bit as the safety aide I was substituting for came back from medical leave and my dear Adrian left on medical leave. I was seriously bummed to be there without my buddy, so we texted. A lot. Like me sending him this picture of how I was taking over his desk! Accompanying text: "Adrian! Here's an update: I don't have my bun today. It feels weird. I think I'll have it back on Monday. AND some kid pulled the fire alarm this morning between 1st and 2nd period. Good times! Miss you! Get good rest today"

aaaand this one, where I texted: "I'm using your chair as a footrest FYI. Also did you know we're allowed to wear shorts?! We are. Also I miss you!" and he responded "Miss you too, work wife, lol"

He also got pictures when I had to run back into our office one day after I picked up Carma from preschool - she loved seeing where I work and Adrian loved the introduction to our new junior helper ;).
More fan art ;) and selfies!

Someone... pretty sure Ella?... had my phone at seventh grade lunch and took this captivating picture of me in action at work. 

More selfies, more DuoLingo speaking legit truth, more cute little visitors to my office, and an Easter treat because I work at the best school ever.

Also yes I let girls braid my hair in the cafeteria after school on Wednesdays - I supervise all the athletes while their coaches (aka teachers) have meetings before practice. How cute is this fishtail braid? 

Ohhhh and speaking of best schools ever, obvious shout-out needed for Park Ridge - we hit up the PTA organized fundraiser carnival and it was The Best.

Bounce slides are always a win.

These three were THRILLED to try bubble balls since Clyde's experience with them at Mutual.  


More fun - games, treats, dunk tank, pony rides!

Couldn't resist getting gussied up a bit: Jack chose face painting, whereas Carma preferred arm and hair painting haha:
It was a lovely evening and a lovely bike ride to and from and lovely to see Jack on a bike that fits him ;).

Milestone for Carma Junie: she graduated from speech therapy! Definitely necessitated a picture with Miss Ginny, who worked with Will back in the day and Carma now and whom we love. Also, the irony is not lost on me that ALL four of my children required semi-extensive speech therapy only to end up being children that NEVER STOP TALKING.

Oh, the joy when it's pajama day at preschool AND McKay gets to come in our car for the trip home! We hit up Melinda for rides for Carma and she hit us up for rides for McKay and these two loved sitting in backseats and planning their future wedding and family - five kids? Can't wait to be related to Melinda!!

Took a picture of Will wearing an East Valley shirt in front of East Valley... where he will officially be a 6th grader next year. Insane.

Carma possibly enjoyed the tennis season more than Clyde himself. On good days, she got to hang out with cute girls like Alli and Tessa and Katie and Lindsey during matches. Other days it was just me haha.

The scheduling was tricky, but we made it to two of the spring track meets to cheer for Caden and Katie, which was SO fun. Both of them are such awesome athletes! Also don't count how many people we fit in the car after the Columbia meet; that's what station wagons are for, right? ;)

Classic through-the-fence tennis pictures: I loved watching Clyde play - he started the season mostly in men's doubles and then transitioned to mixed doubles. Such a stud!
I can never resist the court for very long so Clyde didn't have to work that hard to convince me to come be his partner for practice one afternoon. 

Here's my (not at all facetious) instagram caption for that occurrence: Crashed a middle school tennis practice today to humble some young’uns with this cute boy as my mixed doubles partner 🀩. So fun that even after me working at his school all day, he wants to hang out with me even more πŸ₯°πŸ€—. Of course, some days at school I don’t even really see him- which is weird, because he knows where I am during passing periods AND lunch... which now that I think about, he’d have to be actively avoiding those areas not to bump into me at least occasionally... πŸ§πŸ€”. Oh well, at least when I do catch a fleeting glimpse of him down a hallway, I make sure to call out that I love him πŸ’•- he usually responds by shaking his head or palming his face 🀦🏻‍♂️ which I think means “how did I luck out so much in the mom department?” ☺️πŸ€πŸ˜
Chuck was able to make it to a few matches, and he and Clyde did some weekend practices as well. Tennis is the Best Sport Ever, and it made April so fun!

No comments: