.

Sunday, June 23, 2019

May: all the church things

May was prettttty busy for Cub Scouts, and thus me as the Cubmaster. We started off the month with a cool Pack Meeting and Arrow of Light ceremony - which meant I got to hang out with both my scouts and we all matched ;). 
Next up was the Pinewood Derby! Willy boy was our only one competing this year and was thrilled with his second place finish.

Mother's Day after church picture with alll the people squinting and Will having no arms, whoops!
Mother's Day was pretty sweet - even after a late night (early morning?) drive - for the third hour of church, all the women came to the Relief Society room while their callings were covered. The Bishopric spoke and then we ate cheesecake and treats and just sat and visited! This cute guy was my fave speaker ;).

I love so many quotes from Marvin J. Ashton, including this one:

Not sure what difficulty Carma was encountering here or what exactly it was bringing out in her, but this picture makes me laugh! That fruit loop necklace and her bare feet and the pout - all pretty classic Carma June!

Chuck is a yahoo and convinced us all to ride our bikes to church. Clyde pulled Carma in the bike trailer, something I straight up refused to do haha:
 Let's face it: I was only in it for the selfies. 


My insta caption: If you haven’t given in to positive peer pressure to join the family bike ride to Sunday church, there’s a good chance you aren’t married to Chuck W. Izatt πŸ˜…. Kudos to sister missionaries who bike in skirts all the timeπŸ’ƒπŸ», my black shirt for concealing allllll the sweatπŸ™†πŸ»‍♀️, Clyde for pulling the bike trailer with Carma tucked inside πŸ’ͺ🏼and @amyamw123 for taking this pretty stellar picture of the fam right after we rolled up to church πŸš²πŸ›. I keep insisting this was a one time participation for me, Chuck seems sure I’ll give in πŸ™…πŸ»‍♀️😏 so stay tuned! πŸ™ŒπŸΌ
 Spoiler alert: It appears we did indeed ride bikes again the next Sunday haha.

Cute Chuck working hard over at Sister Hyer's house with the youth for a combined Mutual activity:

Carma loves coming to help me with the program for church. She colors while I do the program. It's a lot of help ;).

Okay, this post from Elder Uchtdorf is obviously serious and compelling in nature... but also, an apostle takes selfies and I take a GREAT deal of relief in that. I will no longer be shamed for how many pictures of myself exist on my camera roll. Just sustaining and following my church leaders, y'all.

 Loved this one.

Sometimes people are a wee bit resistant to post-temple selfies (even people that should know better, as they've been part of them many a time previously...) but in the end, I always get my picture.
Also I love Karlina.

Ohhh man I love the Boise Temple, especially when the sky and clouds are so cool and beautiful above the spires.

I was snapping some pictures of fellow ward members as they left ward temple night... and since Karlina and I had both attended solo, we realized we needed another picture of us haha.  

Love this one too:

Insta caption: Some of the lyrics from a beautiful song called “I Testify of Jesus Christ” that our ward choir sang last Sunday. I get chills each time I sing/read/listen to these words- ‘who came when demons sought my soul’ especially, and the whole last paragraph. I generally prefer the cool/calm/collected approach to outward spirituality, but these truths turn me into ugly crying/amen/hallelujah/praise the Heavens testifying ;). My main goal in life is to interact with people with love and light that honors my Savior and witnesses of His love for each of us ✨ 

No comments: