.

Monday, June 25, 2018

Clyde is ELEVEN (and a bit...)


Clyde's main love language is sugar, so when I promised him an ICEE on our birthday date he preemptively declared it his best birthday ever. 
Also, the super nice Target lady comped him the ICEE when she found out it was his birthday. Just when I think I can't love Target any more than I do already...

Purple streamers for the cute 11 year old:
And creepily photographing him as he rides off to school to weird him out ;). 

We went a different direction for Clyde's birthday; the last couple years he's grabbed some buddies and gone to the bike park with Chuck. This year he opted for McDonalds with everyone followed by a date night with ME... driving him to Target to get Pokemon and Nerf haha.
 We ended up hitting up two different Treasure Valley Target stores to find the right Nerf gun for Clyde to spend his bday money on. It's cool, we saw Rey along the way and practiced our selfie skills in the self checkout video monitor ;). I was also treated to a live 'unboxing' as Clyde opened up his new Pokemon cards, so it was a win all the way around haha.

 In my head, this is Clyde. I'm so so glad that the 11 year old version is just as cute and mostly as snuggly. I always call Clyde our little guinea pig since he's the oldest and we legit have no idea what we're doing as parents hahaha. Pre-teen years and middle school are unchartered territory, but Clyde is jumping in with enthusiasm and a decent amount of maturity and a lot of sass so here we go! Love you Clyde Monster!

No comments: