.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

august: let's get rrrready to rrrrramble! (aka the everything else post)

Okay, let's do this thing. What awaits you is a mixture of random pictures from August and a million and three screenshots of funny things...

Turns out Chuck the spotter was unnecessary; Carma the wee monkey girl can climb into the truck on her own, no prob....

Yes. Except my threats are usually more obscure.

 Some last minute summer sibling bonding via duplos and legos: 

I might put this on my fridge as a more regular reminder...

Library... math workbooks at home... the coolest mom ever bugging Clyde while he's trying to read...

"Came crying" hahahahahaha. 

Bike-related moments, including new-ish purchases of a bike fixin' stand and a spare mountain bike for Clyde. Also enjoy Carma and Chuck taking a midnight (okay, 930pm) ride because Chuck is a sucker ;).

Ohhh man I love this. So much.

We found out about halfway through August that Dan the Man was having a pretty rough time in El Paso and it affected us a great deal. It's really hard to know someone you love so much is struggling and being 18 hours away and unable to hug them - so I opted for a cheesy instagram/fb post to send some e-love ;). 

This popped up on my facebook memories and I almost cried. Look at my little four-year-old Willy boy! I miiiiiss him!!

More mother/daughter Target trips while the boys were at school. Our little half girly girl/half tomboy Carma was equally enthralled with R2-D2 and Rapuzel haha:
But seriously, yes.

Random Carma. She recently began arranging her own headbands and it's fantastic.

Oh man. Literally so me.

More random stuff around the house including gigantic otter pops and gigantic Clyde feet. 
Holla.

Oh man, my amazingly talented friend Lorraine does SeneGence (LipSense) and offered to work her magic on my visage and it was so so fun! Here are my after shots... ignore Carma; she was QUITE put out that she didn't also get a makeover haha:

I love this so so so so much hahahaha.

 Caption via instagram: Chuck and I sat through a riveting film entitled "Captain Underpants" with these four yahoos this morning and its only redeeming feature was listening to the boys' incessant giggling (especially Will's) πŸ˜œπŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚(PS don't mind the overposting, I skimmed Clyde's and Will's mandatory summer journals and read harrowing tales of lengthy chore lists and a mom prone to angry rants so I'm attempting to counter with my own revisionist history: this summer has been Non Stop Fun and Adventures! πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ˜ƒπŸŽ‰πŸ˜‚)

This. Except both of us are thinking the thing about the hex wrench...

Clyde hit up two different nerf places two days in a row for two different buddies' birthday parties... and still didn't learn how to put his vest on right ;).

 I BEAT QUINN AT WORDS WITH FRIENDS. BY A LOT! BECAUSE I'M THE QUEEN!!!

 Annual check-up with my favorite, Dr. Klomp. Quick selfie in the mirror picture as an homage to the millions of these I took during my pregnancies ;). 

I'm a chaotic neutral. I'll also allow lawful good, and lawful neutral. Everyone else better stay the hale away from my bread.

 Caption via instagram: 
"Dad, can I teach you about PokΓ©mon?"
"Sure, can I have my eyes closed?"

Jana Izatt! Love it.

Total chees-mo caption via instagram because I love my big brother and I love this picture of my kids: Okkkkay it's about to get cheesy: I took this picture this morning of Carma and one of her brothers- the one that is two years, four months, and thirteen days older than her (aka Jack). Coincidentally, one of my brothers is two years, four months, and twenty-two days older than me (aka Sam) and today is his birthday! Carma looking up to Jack = Jana looking up to Sam basically our whole lives πŸ˜πŸ€—. Sam is probably the funniest person I've ever met and always responds to my texts shamelessly asking for free medical advice and set up my very first email account for me and consistently had VERY cute friends for me to have unrequited schoolgirl crushes on - which all adds up to a stellar older brother πŸ™ŒπŸΌ. Happy birthday Sammy! I hope this made you smile and I'm sure it made you roll your eyes πŸ™„πŸ˜‚. (PS If anyone's making a paper chain til my birthday, there's your starting number- four months, twenty two days! πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ’ƒπŸ»)

Caption via instagram: Always sobering to be reminded that your child's disease was fatal like 130 years ago. We are so so grateful for medical developments and incredible doctors. Hirschsprungs sucks... a lot. It affects our lives every day and so many of our decisions as a family (activities, food, travel, etc) but we are well aware that we are dealing with a less severe case than many others and we have a great deal of hope that things will continue to improve as they have over the last few years. Also it makes me laugh that I ended up with a kid VERY sensitive to inappropriate language (aka I'm reprimanded on a fairly regular basis 😳🀐) and he ended up with a disease that swears in its main awareness slogan - 'Sh!t Happens' πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Guess we won't be buying him a t-shirt!

Caption via instagram: Chuck and I recently recommitted to saying prayer together every night and it's had a profoundly positive impact on our relationship ❤️.... so much so that missing a night prompted this text exchange the other day πŸ˜‚. I wish we'd been more consistent at this over the last 13+ years but we're on board now, sooooo better late than never, right?? πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ’‘πŸ™πŸΌ 

Found this on the wall of the middle school during Clyde's open house there and I loved it - it's how I approach church, workout class, life in general some days, blogging haha. Life is hard and complicated and messy but def worth the effort. Just like reading this long post, riiiiight? ;) Good news: that's the end!!!!

No comments: