.

Monday, November 13, 2017

january: church stuff AND my birthday


Carma and Jack compete for space on my lap like it's going out of style - even/especially when it's time for scriptures. They both love to help point to the words in the verses we read, which is pretty cute even when it blocks my vision of what I'm supposed to be reading ;).

 We were all thrilled to go to church this particular Sunday; church had been canceled the previous week and between that and allll the snow days we were all a little stir crazy. And LOOK AT CARMA'S LITTLE CARDIGAN. And sparkly boots that we got two winters out of. And cute orange skirt. This little outfit made me so happy.

 And as it was the Sunday prior to my birthday, I wore my customary outfit with orange belt. Also can we discuss how much I love my snow boots? Like, a lot. They were a D.I. find and were invaluable as I wore them day after day after day after day last winter. Love them. Kinda want to start wearing them already this year.
Ohhhh Carma and I were matchy one Sunday! She was thrilled ;). Oh man, I just love picking a color combo and then sifting through our closets and putting outfits together. I am a DORK haha.

One Saturday morning I sneaked over to the temple and found this nice lady working there in initiatory, so I stuck around until the end of her shift and we went to D.I.


And towards the end of the month I finally made it over with Emily and Kautri!


 Okay, this picture just makes me smile - Chuck helping Sister Corn with some scout training? I think? Chuck and Madalon are good buddies, they tease each other a lot which makes me laugh because Brother Corn and I are mortal enemies/good buddies. We just love the Corns!!

Aaaand my birthday was also in January this year ;). I started off the day at workout class for some crazy reason and I made Maren take before and after selfies... and during too haha! 

After workout it was time for plasma because apparently I enjoy pain on my birthday?! Jk, it's not that bad and also I like money haha. 

Luckily up next on the day's agenda was a lovely lovely lunch with Janell and Tasha (and Kinley!) Janell treated us since Tasha and I have birthdays just one day apart and it was so fun. We went to Janell's favorite place, Boise Fry Company:
I'm now officially obsessed with the yam fries and blueberry ketchup, ohhhh man. So good. Thanks Janell!

And the rest of the day was spent getting fun birthday messages, like this one that my dad forwarded to me after sending it to my brothers:
and hanging out with these yahoos. Chuck made crepes for dinner because I love them and he's amazing. The kids were initially wary but quickly won over, possibly due to the Nutella and whipped cream...

Yiiiiikes:

We played some Parcheesi and I attempted French braids in Carma's hair haha.

Be still my heart, baby Jett!!!! Loved face timing with Quinner and his family.

 And my mama and Cody dropped in with birthday cupcakes for me, hooray! Carma was a big help in blowing out the candles :). I'm pretty psyched to be 32 - a few months prior I had fun big plans about hosting a "Sweet Sixteen x 2" party but then the snow happened and I remembered also that I'm lazy and it sounded like a lot of work haha. 

BUT I'm already brainstorming some weird twist for my 33rd birthday next year... a quick google search tells me that The 33 is a movie about a mining disaster so that sounds like a fun birthday watch?... also it's the international calling code for France, so maybe Chuck and I take a quick jaunt over there? .... there's something called a Glock 33, something tells me Chuck will point me in that direction for a theme haha. I'll see what inspiration comes to me ;).

No comments: