.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

May: school edition


The boys make little cards for their teachers at the end of the school year; here's the one Will made for Mr. Eilers with what I believe is a Will Izatt original joke:

Will's class went on a field trip! Full disclosure: it might have been in April. Pretty sure it was May though... anyways, they went to an agriculture... fair? gathering? party? at Kuna High and Will was clearly in heaven checking out a million different animals. As always, I love Mr. Eilers for taking and posting pictures for me to steal!! 

Mr. Eilers did look a little nervous one day when he asked me to go cut out a MILLION letters in the teachers' workroom; it probably didn't help the situation when I looked him in the eye and said, "I hate you." BUT I WAS JOKING!! (also, maybe it wasn't a million. It was the names of the sun and all of the planets - so nine words? How many planets are there these days??) It was actually pretty fun once I got into a rhythm. I averaged four letters on a sheet of paper but looking back I feel like I could have been loads more efficient. Next time...

More pictures stolen from Mr. Eilers and class dojo :).

Will.i.am and his moon poster; I love how enthusiastic he gets about what he's learning about at school - he was straight up obsessed with the planets and moon and space there for a bit.

Clyde also had some fun adventures the last month of school - his class BARELY snaked the victory in the walk/run club and spent a day at Wahooz! (I waited for an invite for our whole family since we contributed loads of laps, but one never came... then I remembered some of his classmates' parents lapping me regularly and realized that maybe I wasn't the key to their big win after all ;) ). Good news is Chuck scored a spot at another field trip: to the capitol building!!
 Bad news: Chuck is probably banned from chaperoning future field trips after instructing Clyde and his buddies to ring the bell out front... with full knowledge that their teacher had told them not to. Chuck and Clyde both say it was worth the disapproving looks directed their way hahahaha.


One of our favorite Park Ridge traditions did not go our way this year, whoops! Usually there are tons of donuts left over after 'Pastries with Parents' which miiiight be why they cut down the order this go-round... and so when we showed up (late! shockingly!) we found only chocolate milk and juice left - I mean, I say 'only' but I will never turn down chocolate milk and orange juice. 
Carma and Jack were hilariously distraught which led to a Walmart run with a ragamuffin Carma (her hair! her soot?-covered face! barefoot! squished in with jam and bananas! trying to open ibuprofen!) for donuts to eat after school. Next year we plan to camp outside the school the night before to ensure we get us some maple bars ;).


 Jackers was a school boy in April and May! He went to the cute play school that Columbia offers that the older boys have done in the past. The teacher is really sweet and probably thinks I'm a terrible mom because a) I "jokingly" asked if she would take Carma as well, b) I signed Jack up for two different sessions... so some days he legit went there twice... which the original email said was fine but I think Jack was the only kid who did it... and c) one day I showed up five minutes after my mom picked up Jack... and I picked up different kids instead hahahahaha. ANYWAYS, Jack loved it! One day they learned about cooking and kitchen safety and he came home with a cute chef hat and helped me make cornbread muffins:
And apparently the lesson stuck because for a while he insisted on jelly-ing his own sandwiches! Also, his facial expressions!!! He's a doll. A sassy, goofy doll.


Last day of school group picture! 

 Clyde, first day and last day of 4th grade. I can't even. 
Will, first and last day of 2nd grade. I feel like they both grew like six inches...

I've yet to find any grey hairs sprouting atop my person, which I have a hard time believing because every time I try to photograph my kids they randomly jump in a tree...
or choose that inopportune time to bust out some hip swivel dance moves. JUST STAND STILL AND SMILE NORMAL AND LOOK AT THE CAMERA CHILDREN!

But seriously, I was laughing so hard at Will, ohhhh I love him! Clyde and Will both had good years at school, Will probably more so because, again, as I can't state enough: Mr. Eilers is SO awesome. Park Ridge is the best and I'm so so so grateful that school continues to be such a great experience for my kids. But yay for summer and a break from accruing tardies!!!!

2 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I am so glad you take these pictures. What a great way to remember so much fun. And Carma in the basket? 😂 Did you ask her to get you some ibuprofen?

Holly Cameron said...

Dang. The side by side pics though! Everyone is growing up 😩