.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Rock the [baby gender] Vote

(Pictures from my check-up earlier this week that Will was able to accompany me to; he was very excited to hear the baby's heartbeat :) ).

Okay people, this is getting real: I'll be nineteen weeks on Sunday and my ultrasound is Monday morning at 9 (was I tempted to take the open appt at 8am? Yes...) soooo it's time to gather everyone's guesses for the gender of this wee little fetus.

For those of you who prefer to do some research before you cast your ballot, here's some possibly relevant information (although I personally do not subscribe to any old wives' tales):

* So far, we have three sons.


* This pregnancy has been a weird mixture of my other pregnancies and then added its own special flair. I was nauseous but didn't actually throw up forever (remiscent of Jack's pregnancy) but then I hit 10 weeks and started throwing up a few times a week (reminiscent of Clyde's and Will's pregnancies). Unlike any of my previous pregnancies, I stayed sick and nauseous beyond the first trimester; I haven't thrown up for probably a week and a half but I still feel dreadful off and on. I average about ten cans of Ginger Ale a week :). Ahh, babies!!


* The baby is suuper low right now; the movement I've seen/felt is all right around my c-section scar. Obviously the baby has pushed up a lot of organs and such, which accounts for my midsection - not the package of Oreos I ate pretty much by myself the other day.


* Heart rate so far: 176, 174, 154.


* Chinese Lunar Calendar says boy.


* Food cravings/aversions: Nothing/everything. Well, not really but kind of. It's SO hard for me to think of something that I want to eat, bleh. I have had some random/intense cravings over the last few months though: early on it was French fries dipped in ranch (exactly the same as Jack's pregnancy)... fb friends might remember when I desperately needed egg salad sandwiches for a couple of weeks... or when I counted down the hours until I could have a Cafe Rio salad... I was pretty heavy on the pasta for a while... earlier this week it was breadsticks from Little Caesars... but honestly, most of the time everything just sounds slightly revolting. Sigh.


* The fourth child in my family was a boy (although I treated him a lot like a girl). The fourth child in Chuck's family was a girl (who's tougher than most boys I know...)


* Right now there are ten grandchildren on the Izatt side, five girls and five boys. There are seven grandchildren on the Braden side, three girls and four boys, with a fourth girl making her debut sometime this week. So this baby will be the tie-breaker on both sides!


* I have absolutely no special mother's intuition. If I had to guess, I'd say girl... which is the same thing I said about Jack, so there ya go, haha! Clyde and Will both desperately want a little sister, bless their hearts. (If it is a girl, I'll remind them about this when they're older and she wants to tag along/awkwardly flirt with their friends).


I think that's it. So vote in the poll, feel free to comment and share the reasoning behind your guess and we'll all find out on Monday, hooray!


12 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I'm voting girl, even though you make the cutest little boys this side of Provo. Rationale: I was sicker with you than with the boys. Also, having a daughter has made my life so much richer and blessed (98.5% of the time)and I want you to experience the other 1.5%. :) Love you forever, like you for always!

David said...

girl, girl, girl

Maren said...

Oh, my. I just don't know. And there's just too much pressure! I'm going to say girl, though, because I need to not be alone in my bafflement of my daughter's behavior, despite the fact that I was once a little girl myself.

Interesting bit: Dave and I both wanted daughters, because we "know" girls, each having grown up with many sisters. (I have four sisters and no brothers, and Dave has eight sisters-whole, half, and step- and one brother.) So when we found out we were having TWO BOYS right off the bat, well, we felt like the rug was pulled out from under us. Now, having all five of our kids, it's a saving grace that they're not all girls. :)

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I am going to stick with my earlier guess of boy, even though I already spelled out to your my rationale for voting girl (everyone else is...that affects the gender of your baby right?). So officially my vote is boy, even though I kind of think somewhere in my mind it's a girl. Hence, either way I will be right. Also, either way, I will be super ecstatic and love this little baby so much!

Emily said...

Gosh, darn it, it better be a girl!!! You must have one- it's wonderful having both! And for the reason behind it, just because I want it for you!

jayna said...

I have to tightly rein myself in on this comment, because I know how it is to have three of one gender and then ALLLLLL of the people who say things like:

1. You should have a ..... ! Oh really? Can I just order one up? They must know something I don't...
2. Oh you tried for a .....! like we really want one, but if we get the other we'll take it like a sad second place ribbon.
....
And about a 1,000 other insensitive things. (maybe you are nicer than me and these comments don't bother you?)

Anyways, the truth is you just want four kids. It doesn't really matter what the gender is, I know the following:
1. It will be loved & adored
2. It will be BEAUTIFUL
3. Four kids is wonderful

Can't wait to see who is coming to your loving family!

My guess? Boy! I'm happy to be RIGHT or WRONG! ;) Can't wait! IT is a thrilling/terrifying time, welcoming a new person to the world!

tvcadurfee said...

i say boy cause you have 3 others. i wanna say girl though cause you need some pink in your family. congrats either way!

Kiley said...

I'm so excited for you to find out! You make really cute boys so a 4th boy would be darling, but being a girl with lots of brothers is fun too - I would know ;) I say GIRL this time, but either way will be so fun!

Holly Cameron said...

Final guess. GIRL!!! I am putting my dreams aside. Reason number one, I had french fry cravings with ella. Reason number two, i just feel like its going to be a girl. Reason three (which creed made fun of me for), my sister in law who has three boys just had her child #4 ultrasound and its a girl...sooooooo. You guys need some pink in your life...besides ella!! Love you jan jan!

Holly Cameron said...

Final guess. GIRL!!! I am putting my dreams aside. Reason number one, I had french fry cravings with ella. Reason number two, i just feel like its going to be a girl. Reason three (which creed made fun of me for), my sister in law who has three boys just had her child #4 ultrasound and its a girl...sooooooo. You guys need some pink in your life...besides ella!! Love you jan jan!

Tami P said...

When I found out on halloween, my first thought was that it would be another adorable Izaat boy. So that is my vote! Let me know if you would like to borrow some of my maternity clothes. For me it was so nice to borrow and have variety in my wardrobe while pregnant.

Holly Cameron said...

P.S. you just made me laugh so hard. Girl (they're ice skating in hell). Ahhhhhhhh!Hahahah!