.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HAPPY birthday to Chuck!


Today is my [sweet, wonderful, awesome, etc] husband's birthday, hooray!

He's turning 32, so I pondered compiling a list of 32 things about him that I love, buuuut a) that would be really long and b) I don't have that kind of time, seriously right now it's after midnight and I waaaaant my beeeeeeed and c) Chuck resists attention almost as much as I court it, so I figured we'd made this pretty short and sweet.

 
 One of my most favorite things about Chuck is how hands-on he is as a dad [and as a ... nevermind. Apparently tired Jana = risque Jana....]. Chuck and I are absolutely co-parents; on his days off he's usually the one that gets Clyde completely ready for school, he can handle bathtime and [most of the time] diapers and homework and [usually] meltdowns and everything in between. He volunteered in Clyde's classroom this year before I even did!

It's so much fun to watch Chuck interact with our three boys. He has such a tailored, special relationship with each of them that I know will prove so crucial to their individual development and growth into strong, wise, sweet, worthy young men.
 
 Here's a sweet photo round-up of Chuck's last five birthdays (going in a circle clockwise starting with the top left: 2010 (right before he left for work), 2007 (right before we left for Thanksgiving in Elko! also like a week after we found out we were expecting another boy), 2008 (went a little crepe paper streamer crazy that year), 2009 (at the very bright zoo) and 2011 (technically the day before his birthday, but close enough). 

Chuck is my favorite person to spend time with; he's sweet and hilarious (once you get to know him) and strong and so.dang.ethical ("it's called the speed limit, Jana") and so hard-working and honest and hot and willing to serve and a good cook and patient and forgiving (I might take advantage of that one too often...) and goofy and spiritual and smart and logical and I'm so grateful that he not only puts up with me (which is seriously asking enough most days), but loves and cherishes me as well.

Happy birthday babe! I love love love you and thanks in advance for driving on our road trip today so I can sleeeeep :). You're my favorite!

5 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Chuck is truly an amazing person in so many ways. He could spend his time in lots of different activities; I can honestly say that I have never seen him spend it in ways that do not directly bless his family. Even when he watches football, he does it at home with you or one of the boys right next to him! A wonderful son-in-law as well as husband and father.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

great pics! what a wonderful tribute! happy birthday chuck! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

My favorite part: "It's called the speed limit, Jana." I can just hear it. We are blessed to have super great husbands!

Unknown said...

I like that you complimented his good looks in all of his attributes.. just did it subtly. :)