.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Varying levels of commitment to St. Patrick

I like St. Patrick's Day. I'm a bit Irish, I like the color green, and it's a pretty easy-going holiday (no gifts to buy).
Clyde and I put our modest decorations up the day after Valentine's Day. I had a bunch of (really) cheap, plastic green hats left over from a very memorable St. Patrick's Day party a couple of years ago (log throwing, anyone?) so I randomly stuck them around the house. One by one, they disappeared; I blame not leprechauns, but my clutter-intolerant husband.
I did find one to stick in the picture with my wee lads. I'm such a sucker for holiday t-shirts, poor kids. Much thanks to hand-me-downs from George for Will's shirt and D.I. last week for Clyde's!
Clyde kissing (and slightly choking) William Patrick
He is pretty lucky and charming . . . hence his continued existence on this earth.
Alas, this one had a pint too many and passed out.

So, if Clyde and Will got this dolled up for the holiday, and I'm like twice as Irish as they are, how do you think I chose to demonstrate my green-ness?



Oh, yeah. My bout with the 24-hour flu started just after midnight, ensuring that I was up every couple of hours to start St. Patrick's Day off right. I called my mom at school around eleven this morning to inform her that her grandchildren were being seriously neglected and she got someone to cover her classes after lunch and came to the rescue. I cowboy'd up long enough to get them dressed in their cute shirts and take pictures, because not doing so obviously wasn't an option, and then sent them off with Grandma. They went for a walk, went out to lunch, and did an art project. I wallowed in self-pity, napped, and showered. Definitely a win-win.
I was feeling much better by evening, although I still stayed home from the Relief Society dinner that I was really looking forward to, in an effort not to share the flu love. Instead I watched the Biggest Loser and only seriously cried twice :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

9 comments:

jayna said...

Sorry you're sick, but your baby passed out after a pint too many made me giggle!

Also, I was thinking if you ever want a blog makeover, let me know what you want and your login info, and email me at jaynahaws@yahoo.com and I'd love to do it for you. Most of my friends on my blog roll have backgrounds I've done if you want to check my creds.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

sorry your sick!! I LOVE the shirt....lucky and charming; so true!!

Sam and Terri said...

Such cute boys. I can't wait to see them, and you and Chuck of course.

Sorry about the flu. I hate throwing up. Glad you are feeling better.

Leslie said...

Log throwing! Definately the most entertaining St. Patrick's Day party ever. I still giggle thinking about it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane and glad you're feeling better!

lazyizzy said...

I adore loving Clyde is!!! He loves his brother so much.

If chuck was only that nice to me, when I was a little lass.

Melissa said...

You have the cutest little piar of brothers on the planet. I hope you continue to be on the mend.

Sam said...

Remember the good old days when you were little and you could throw up wherever you wanted and your parents would clean it up? I remember what a rude awakening it was when I had to clean up my own barf for the first time. Now I just go outside so that I don't have to worry about it.

mama izatt said...

Great St. Paddy's Day pics. I love the thought of Will passing out after a pint too many.

Holly Cameron said...

I love their little Irish shirts. Maybe i need to jump on the celebrating holidays band wagon. Ella's still too young to remember how uneventful our house is right?? You're such a cute mom...and doing all of that while you're sick...come on!!