.

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Clyde and Mommy date

When my younger brother Quinn was in elementary school, he received a Steve Young 49ers jersey for Christmas one year and wore it every day for several months. Don't worry, my mom made sure that he changed out the undershirt daily (and it was washed on Sundays during church) so he didn't become the smelly kid in class. 
It just so happens that this year for Christmas, Clyde received a Boise State jersey (at the risk of sounding some sort of Savers-obsessed weirdo, I found it there for $5). It was a little big, so I stuck it in his closet until an appropriate occasion arose, and this week it did: a BSU football spring scrimmage! My mom watched Will so that Clyde and I could make a date of it. Chuck had an all-day training at work - he was pretty bummed at missing his son's first encounter with BSU football, so I made sure to take lots of pictures.
Clyde won't be ready to sit for a whole football game for a while yet, which is why the scrimmage worked out so perfectly. It was free, and Clyde could jump around and play to his little heart's content.
He loved watching them throw and catch the ball.
He was concentrating SO hard on folding his little handout into a megaphone. It didn't work, so he had to settle for just yelling "Wun, wun!" to the players . . . hopefully they understood that he meant 'run' :)
Photo courtesy of a nice fellow Bronco fan who was walking by just then
Clyde wore the jersey the rest of the day and for most of the next day. . . I think we may have created a monster.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Matt found out (after the fact) that Keyan and he could have gone to at least part of the scrimmage between the NCAA basketball practices they played hookey from school to watch. Don't tell Keyan, he may never forgive his father. ;)
A nod to Savers...I'd never been in there and wondered what this AMAZING place was you kept mentioning and while picking up fertilizer and a spreader at ZamZows thought "I'm in the same parking lot. I might as well check it out." I didn't have the time or need to shop for anything in particular but now I can say I've at least been there, and sent Matt and Keyan there to check it out when they returned the spreader.
Love the blinged up blog. Very chic. :)

Missy08 said...

How cute is that looks like u guys had lots of fun I can't wait to go see one or two games when the season starts we are also Boise Fans to

Connie and Brandon said...

Jana, you are such a good mother. I love that you took Clyde out for a date and better yet that it was to a football scrimmage. Love it!!! I think I am going to do that one day. I need to make sure my kids love sports:)! BTW, love the new blog look. It's great!!!

jayna said...

While I cannot condone your love of football, I must say,...

Your blog is looking spectacular.

Melissa said...

Fun!! What a great date for you two. Savers is fun. I shopped a lot at their sister store Value Village in Fairbanks. I just ever to seemed to make it out that direction very often in Boise. Is there one closer to you now?

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Awwwww, cute!! I love your new blog background btw.

lazyizzy said...

Ohh my!!!!!!

Wow.

That was the cutest thing I have seen all day

mama izatt said...

FUN!!

Sam and Terri said...

Its a good thing you like football, because I foresee a lot of it in your future. Clyde can be a running back because he is pretty fast, and little Wilbur can block for him because he will be a giant. I will come watch the games with you. That sounds like fun.
We miss you already.

Holly Cameron said...

So fun! Clyders. He's going to have to be doing a lot of 'wunning' when he plays some day.