.

Sunday, September 8, 2019

august 2k18: everything else


We bought a new car! We finally pushed the van to its limits... aka it wanted a new a/c compressor and we gently reminded it that it just got a new a/c compressor two summers prior and it said it didn't care, still insisted on a new one and since we don't negotiate with terrorists, we had to bid it adieu. We switched gears a bit and craigslisted our way to owning a very nice Saturn Outlook, good times. Don't let my cheery smile fool you, saying goodbye to the Uplander was devastating. In fact, it actually sold while I was at work one day which probably saved me from awkwardly sobbing as the new owners drove it away... but also, I feel like I missed out on some closure. I still see white Uplanders in parking lots sometimes and have to stop myself from walking towards them. Oh man. Sorry. Tough subject. Let's move on...
Will tells me frequently that meme screenshots are his favorite parts of the blog, so rest assured buddy: this one includes a lot. 

Speaking of Will, one afternoon we had a seemingly special moment together as recorded on my social media: Will is 💯% my least snuggly kid- our most epic wrestling matches occur when I’m attempting to kiss him on the cheek or linger during a hug 🙅🏼‍♂️😑. So when he proposes that I lie the couch and relax while he curls up on my back to do his 20 minutes of reading, imma take him up on it with absolutely no thought to the laundry waiting for me on the other couch ✌🏼.

Alas, I was completely bamboozled and issued this statement the next day in the interest of full disclosure hahahaha.

One of my fave facebook memories - look at how darling she is! Look at how perfect my hair was!

Meanwhile, here's Carma living her best life - all the accessories (including wearing tiny hair things as rings... cutting off circulation... yeah, that got stopped pretty quick...), books galore, 'stuffies' aka stuffed animals, 'under arresting' Chuck, and just being a yahoo in general. We love her!

Meme time! This is one of my favorite instagram accounts but oddly enough I don't follow her, I just check like once a week and binge on all her recent posts... and laugh a lot:



Yiiiiikes. So me. So, so me.

Cute Clyde. He generally has an annual check up re: Hirschsprung's and generally gets treated to comfort food afterwards for being brave. This time he and Chuck apparently went for pancakes!

Chuck took this picture (I can't remember where he saw this taped up). I think it's pretty reflective of how he takes care of me all the time even though I'm annoying haha.

Speaking of Chuck:

this one made me laugh possibly an embarrassing amount.

Fave holiday rolled around on August 17th, woooo!!!

Celebrated with this instagram post: In honor of National Thrift Store Day yesterday, here’s the (for now🤷🏻‍♀️) finished product of the wall next to our kitchen table - all but two of these are via thrift stores (‘let’s stay home’ is from the dollar store and ‘let all that you do be done in love’ was Seagull Book clearance 🤩). Thrift stores are excellent for the earth ♻️🌎 and for my twice weekly therapeutic shopping without bankrupting us outings 😅💸 and that’s my story! {Also, running into thrifter extraordinaire and all around delightful individual @bethanyrweed at DI yesterday was basically the best way to celebrate the holiday 👯‍♀️- picture next time, eh? There will def be a next time 😂}

Ahhh parenting memes. So handy to know that I'm not alone!

If I take papers straight out to the recycling bin instead of the 'holding spot' in the garage, you better believe it's because I don't want to risk kids seeing what school work I'm getting rid of...

Chuck likes people to think he's real law-abiding BUT...

Oh man, this was the happiest two weeks ever until Target finally believed me and legit updated the sticker - they started carrying the larger size of Nutella uncrustables but the sticker showed the same price as the smaller box - even though the sticker clearly says it's 27oz, 15 ct. 15 uncrustables for $2.89? Don't mind if I do! I went in three different times over that two weeks... EVERY TIME I told at least 2 Target workers... I watched them pull down the sticker a couple times... and then the next time, there it was again. The boxes rang up at the 'correct' price ($9 something) but you best believe they price changed it for me. Yellllllo, I'm trying to help and point out the issue, but yeahhhh I'm also gonna take advantage of it. Anyways, thanks for stocking our freezer for quick lunch prep in the mornings, Target. I was pretty sad the day I walked in and the sticker had finally been fixed.

Ummmmm these next three are me. That's all haha:



Ehhh nine hours is honestly a little low. Maybe if there's an afternoon nap in there too.

And finally, please enjoy the time that Chuck documented me wrestling with the boys. I like to take them down every so often just to humble them a bit:




 It just feels good to pin all three of them, ya know? Especially since I know my time being able to do so is limited. Sunrise, sunset.

No comments: