.

Friday, July 6, 2018

september all the things


Okay, there's no way around it: this is a Carma-heavy post. With the boys gone at school, I had no one else to take pictures of? She's just so cute? We busted into the fall hand-me-downs from Angie and Scarlet and I had to document all the darling clothes? Whatever the reason, here's a million pictures of Carma waiting for the bus to go to preschool:

And to balance it out, here's cute Clyde building a chess/lego/jenga battle - quite the combination ;). Cute boy.

Miss Diane is one of Chuck's occasional co-workers and we love her, mostly because she gives Chuck a hard time haha. We love saying hi back and forth:

Got this text from Chuck one day... the previous screenshot miiiight prove his point ;).

Carma found the crepe paper and insisted I wrap her arm like plasma hahahaha. Might as well get her used to the idea now, right? Missions/college/weddings ain't cheap, get ready to chip in!
I started out the school year with slightly good intentions to volunteer in Will's classroom (spoiler alert: that fell by the wayside about a month and a half in...) but when I did make it in, I found great joy in leaving Will notes to annoy him. His frustrated face is just so cute! 

 No words, just laughing so so so hard:

Truth hahahaha.

Carma likes to dress up for D.I./Target runs while the boys are at school - this day she favored a mostly off white and pick look with some orange and white jewelry for contrast:

Some random shots - Clyde is often in the middle of writing a story, sometimes collaborative efforts with friends; Will and Jack were excited to match for school one day with cute shirts from Grandma Izatt; Carma's preschool got a visit from firefighters and she LOVED it; Jack had a pretty good bike crash after school so we retrieved him and his cute wounded elbow; and one rainy day I dropped Carma off with Grammy Pam and she was all ready with an umbrella and it was just adorable!

Okay, hurricanes/tropical storms last fall weren't funny, buuuuuuut this might have been...

I won against Quinnnnnnnn! Words with friends current goal: beat Quinn and Jayna enough that it isn't momentous enough of an occasion to take a screenshot each time hahaha.

Sending Chuck off to El Paso! Making pictures and giving hugs the night before, and watching his plane at its gate - and a FaceTime screenshot of Andrew that got missed on the last post. Man I love that kid!!

And some super flattering pictures that we sent to Chuck while he was gone!

I love facebook memories - Will was such a cute, albeit sassy, four year old....

Same.

Instagram caption: The kids rearranged the living room yesterday after church to create a massive fort/blanket pile. They were quite disheartened when I wouldn't let them sleep in it last night but I promised they could as soon as it wasn't a school night. I meant Friday, but this cute every-other-day-kindergartener reminded me at bedtime that tonight is NOT a school night for him, and then tucked himself and his monkey right in to sleep. I guess if I have to be outsmarted by a 5 year old, I'm glad it's a cute one 🤔😑😴😏😍

Some Target trips call for an even fancier dress code.... that's when the Easter hat gets called in to duty.

 Chuck and I love us some anagrams and word hunt battles. We're generally fairly even matched... just not this day haha:

Yep.

Speaking of which, our children are now invading our bed from all angles - Will finds extreme joy in sneaking under our bed and occasionally falls asleep under there - generally he leaves a random limb sprawled out so we can spot him and return him to his own bedroom though. Carma is another story - she sneaks in and I wake up three hours later wondering why my neck hurts and my body's all contorted funny... until Chuck leaves for work, then I move over to his side... where generally she follows me. GRRRR.
Some documentation of quality mother-daughter time. Top left is definitely how I look dropping off kids at school in the morning, aka house dress and Chuck's jacket over the top, completing the look with suuuuper greasy hair. 

The three poses of Jackers: stoic, dabbing, and starting to smile against his will:

Even more Carma!

I took a screen shot of this and Chuck texted me and said, "THAT'S YOU BUT WITH POP." And it totally is. Whenever he orders a drink at the drive thru I give him a reproachful look and then proceed to drink 75% of it. I'm pretty sure he thinks it's adorable ;).

I saw this at D.I. and was struck by its wisdom. I didn't buy it, but I've pondered it regularly ever since...

Carma continued her pointed interest in brushing my hair regularly and may have even gotten a little more gentle... meaning she generally spared my actual forehead ;).

I legit don't remember why we were at my dad's this day but it looks like we had a royally good time!!

Uh yeah, see my previous goal regarding words with friends wins someday becoming a regular, boring, unnoteworthy event. In the meantime I'm thrilled to at least pose enough of a challenge that they don't get bored playing me!
Carma did wear this skirt to celebrate my American win over Jayna and her newfound Scottishness ;).

GIRLS NIGHT. We talked, we laughed, we missed Nycole and Nicole like crazy.

 
Instagram caption: Get you someone who looks at you the way Carma looks at..... herself 😍😂 Good news: I'm all about girls growing up loving themselves and having confidence in their bodies/looks/abilities. Bad news: We have to work extra preening time into Carma's daily schedule or risk being late(r) everywhere we go 💃🏻 

 Carma may not need a man to tell her how cute she is, but she does enjoy the company of this cute boy quite a lot: 
 Pretty sure the Curtis boys each boast quite a few willing future girlfriends, but add Carma to the list. Her cute laughing and looking at him face! Kills me!

Chuck and the kids headed off to Boise for some adventures while I was doing the stake RS dinner at the end of the month. Pictured are Chuck's five prized possessions, aka our four children and his new mountain bike! Chuck is as savvy at buying bikes on craigslist as Clyde is at promptly stealing them from him:

 They wound up at the zoo and the Boise library where Chuck only photographed Carma haha. I promise we don't have favorites! It's just that she's little and cute and the boys are big and awkward hahahahaha.

We bid September farewell by partying it up at the school carnival. Clyde volunteered to help and quickly found himself at the business end of a Super Soaker - his younger brothers merrily paying their tickets to take a turn. I think the technical goal of the booth was to shoot down the various balls sitting on top of pop bottles but getting Clyde in the eyes/nose/mouth was apparently loads more fun:

Boys had a good time and I patted myself on the back for financially supporting our awesome PTA without actually being involved at all and so it was a win all around! Peace out September!

No comments: