.

Friday, June 1, 2018

some august highlights: water! Janell's birthday! eclipse!


Last round o' swimming lessons for the summer - Carma and Jack were in a preschool class together which was adorable and they both loved it - Jack as long as he didn't ever have to put his whole head/face in the water haha:
We pulled Clyde back a level so he and Will could be in the same class (I was kind of done with sitting by the pool for multiple class periods...) and they also really enjoyed their teacher and class.

Last day diving board shenanigans - starting with Clyde....

and then Will.

Carma killed me this day in her cute hand-me-down-from-Angie swimsuit and crimped hair courtesy of braids the day before haha. She's just so pretty!
Caption via instagram: "Not only did jack commission this picture and smile adorably for it, he also choreographed the towel placement so the kids would be in order of age. Boy after my own heart! πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ“ΈπŸŠπŸ»πŸŠπŸΌπŸŠπŸΌπŸŠπŸΌ‍♀️"

We somehow missed our annual trip to the Ivywild Pool in Boise this summer, whoops! So instead we hit up our local Lakeview Pool for a fun afternoon. Also if anyone has any sway at the parks/rec department, Chuck and I feel strongly that the water feature that sprays water over half the pool constantly is super annoying and every year we hope it's been toned down... as of yet, to no avail haha:
The kiddos and I spent another afternoon at the splash pad at Settlers. Carma was initially hesitant then pretty psyched about it!

Clyde and Will are hilarious waiting for the water to drop; I love them:

 And of course we spent some time at the actual playground and music area too. I always forget how cool this park is!


We attended quite possibly the coolest, errr, grooviest birthday party EVER for our beloved Janell. She turned 70 and a whole amazing committee spent months planning this amazing 70s themed shindig:
Loved watching so many people gather together with same goal: to show Janell how loved she is and how much she means to all of us! I love the top right picture of Emily and Kara. Emily was one of the incredible masterminds behind the whole party and drove in all the way from Washington to co-host it. She is The Best.

Carma loved the party. I'm not sure how many cupcakes she ate. Also, see the plates that she's grazing off of? That was at a random table. Not a clue whose food she's munching on... But good news: she and Bailey are darling!!
Cute little Izatts at the photo booth area. Clyde and Jack wore Star Wars shirts; Will wore an old school NASA shirt. Pretty 70s-ish, right?

I cobbled together an outfit last minute that I was prettttty proud of, not gonna lie. Abby looked so cute; we had to get a picture together!
Paulina and Melinda were both actually Janell's Young Women at one point, the rest of us just wriggled our way in to her good graces and love :). 

Janell wanted to end the night with fireworks, so they did! Happy birthday Janell, we LOVE you!!


We had barely recovered from the party when the next big thing hit: the solar eclipse!

We attempted to ready ourselves for it by attending a presentation at the library! The guy was really good at explaining things and thorough, so it's definitely not his fault that I still don't understand a) the eclipse or b) why it's so special. We did get free eclipse glasses, so definitely worth it.
I subbed as primary chorister the day before, so I put together a graphic of the eclipse and we used it to gauge how well the kids sang haha. Carma was pretty sure the poster was just for her :).

Chuck had the day off work and the kids hadn't started school yet so it was a fun morning together! I made everyone wear grey/black/yellow to mark the occasion and we roamed around our yard and neighborhood finding good spots to watch:

So cool to see the crescent shapes all over the place - especially on Carma!
Pretty impressive that Chuck and I are still that good looking whilst wearing eclipse glasses ;).

We opted for the trampoline for the main event. I think it's so cool that people from around here traveled a bit to be within the path of totality - we just weren't up for it. We loved our experience though!
We headed out on a bike/scooter ride and checked in on the sun every now and then along the way.

Carma traded her bike in for a ride in my basket haha. Also I love Chuck.
 
 Probably my fave picture from the day - little peeker Carma! Honestly, trying to keep those glasses on her was pretty stressful, grrrr. So even though I'm super lame and didn't get all the hype (sorry!!! I know I'm a terrible person!!) it definitely made for a fun morning together, and obviously I love anything I can dictate a dress code for :).

No comments: