.

Monday, January 9, 2017

May: catch all EVERYTHING post



Once upon a time in Nampa it was warm and you could see grass and it was basically the best thing ever. Four little Izatt children played on the trampoline for hours on end and all was right in the world:
Ahhh more outside pictures! Barefoot! You can see the street! The trike isn't buried under snow! 


Okay it's rare that we get all four kids on correctly... especially at the exact right moment for a picture... but here are some variations of our family's stacking abilities. Pretty much nothing else causes as much giggling and cries of pain haha.
One day I looked into the backyard and found Will and Carma like this. No clue what they were doing or which of them started it. Goofs.

May = Star Wars day! Attempted to recreate last year's picture, Carma was loads more wiggly this go-round. 
Another May celebration was Allison's wedding, which showed her good taste in multiple ways: she married a guy named Braden (aka my maiden name AND he spells it right!), her wedding colors were orange and green (aka my wedding colors and the best ones ever) and her cute brother Noah was there refilling punch and I just love that kid.

My sweet cousins hosted a birthday party for their parents who both turned 60 within the first few months of the year so I went along as my dad's date. Randy and Deana are such incredibly kind, warm, people and I'm so glad to be their niece! Randy gives the best hugs ever and I got to hear the story of how he and Deana got engaged, which was awesome. 
Arin was recruited to take care of the food (even though she's the out-of-towner in that family) and it was so amazing! My aunt Diane was able to sneak away from the temple to attend so we grabbed a picture of three of the Braden siblings together - Randy, Diane, and Cory. 

May also brought the most hallowed and deserved of holidays, aka Mother's Day! We gathered on the trampoline (apparently where most of our family bonding occurs??) so I could read the cute cards that kiddos made, as commissioned by Chuck:

The day also consisted of dinner by Chuck, Grandma Pam helping us with a way awesome Boise puzzle, my first day lily of the year blooming, and a couple days later, surprising my mama with a Fitbit!

Pictures with each of my kiddos on Mother's Day. 
They are all babes and adorable and smart as all get out and seem to be pretty resilient so I have high hopes that they'll all withstand my occasionally dubious mothering and go far in life ;).

Will cashed in on his free sundae from school... somehow Chuck was the one who took him and also got a sundae... I should probably look into how that keeps happening. I love hot fudge!
Legit don't know how we didn't get a group picture at girls night, but here's Myla meeting baby Ruby, who adorably kicked off a 'three babies in three months' boom for the group. 

Chuck and I came up with some pink sunglasses from our 5k and Clyde upped his cool factor by like five points as soon as he slipped them on:
Carma's cool factor was also affected ;). For the record, I will never not photograph a small child wearing sunglasses. Look at her little chubby hands struggling to keep them on her face! It kills me.

Is Sorry! the worst board game ever? We honestly played it last night again and I think it is. 
Carma isn't usually cuddly with anything except my face, so the boys love it when she hangs out with them. I found Will and Carma on the chair reading together one day, soooo cute!

More inside activities - Carma has nine (revolving) boyfriends, aka BYU Vocal Point. Clyde fell asleep reading and gets bonus points for keeping the book open to his page for ease of starting right back in when he wakes up in the morning. First day of summer vacation was spent organizing legos... aka a weekly activity. Will and Clyde emptying the dishwasher might be my favorite thing ever hahahaha:
I had to get photographic evidence the one time that Carma and Jack wallored (not a real word) Chuck instead of me haha!

Carma legit loves apples. Possibly a fourth child thing, as that's what kept Quinn alive as a wee lad. Good news is she can get them herself, although I did take pity on her and move the stool closer for her descent.
 We hit up the library a few times in May, including for the animal presentation and the tween science program. Love that place!

 And here's baby #2 of our girls night boom! Kara and Emily and I all headed over to visit Nicole and love on baby Jace who could not be more darling OR look more like Beckam as a baby. 
 Paola was brave and the kids did some painting one day at plasma, which just reinforces me counting it as preschool ;).

I kid you not, these pictures of the boys racing me home from dropping off Hunter were taken at 740pm... I miss the sun and warmth and light past 5pm!!!!!


One day I got a shirt in the mail and legit had no idea where it came from... but it was SO cute and I wanted to wear it... but then I was like, "What if it's from some weirdo and by wearing it I am signaling my agreement to run away with him and be his seventh wife??" but then I got this text




and I was so happy I could wear it commitment-free and then I needed a picture for an Instagram post so here's some of that process. Everyone should have a Holly in their lives. And a pineapple shirt.


80% of the time Carma and Jack are stellar on our regularly scheduled shopping outings... and sometimes Carma tries to sneak a big pink bear into our cart or stages a Level 12 Costco meltdown that leads me to opening the newly purchased tortillas Right Then to quiet her down. OH KIDS.


We hung out over at Grandma Pam's a lot during May. The kids were lured over by her bunnies:
I was more drawn in by the free babysitting - the fact that she does Carma's hair so cute is a bonus!!

 Chuck helped out with some yardwork; he gave my mom an idea about a peach tree that grows sideways on a fence?? I guess it's a real thing...
And of course, the main appeal to Grandma's house is the woman herself. We love her!!

And just for fun, let's wrap it up with that time I tried to take a picture of all four kids after church. It worked real well, as always.
 ALSO: GREEN GRASS! SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK!!!!!

1 comment:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I love Carma's outfit in that last picture! I want a dress just like that!