.

Monday, January 2, 2017

Carma is TWO! (and a half! and some change!)


Once upon a time in May, our sweet Carma June turned two! I busted out all of my cake decorating expertise and also some remaining pieces of a soon-to-be-discarded puzzle and created this masterpiece, which met with immense approval from Carma who is possibly obsessed with Super Why.

Carma spent part of the morning in the playroom at plasma, aka getting to color to her heart's content and getting lavished with attention from Paola. And the rocks outside provided an excellent spot for a birthday photoshoot! (a hearty thanks to the neighbor from whom I purchased that happy birthday shirt last summer at a garage sale for a quarter. I'm pondering finding one in my size; it can get tiring to tell everyone I encounter that it's my birthday, a shirt would save me a lot of time ;) ).

These two pictures encapsulate Carma's main go-to expressions: a) furrowed brows when she is confused or thinking or displeased by something and b) closed mouth smile and squinty eyes when she is humoring someone or happy but trying to remain vague and mysterious.
 Girlfriend had no qualms about digging right into her cake... or heading back for some extra frosting-covered edging. 


 Grandma Pam came over with multiple gifts: a cute princess book, a ballerina bear/backpack (which Jack helpfully modeled first), and her actual presence upon the trampoline, which she insists was a one-time occurrence.

Chuck and I were legit terrified to have a daughter and we still have no idea what we're doing, but we can't imagine our lives or family without this crazy, bright, happy, girly, silly, adventurous Carma June!!

1 comment:

Holly Cameron said...

Love that Carma June girl, even though the last time I saw her she was a barely walking baby!
Love her darling facial expressions.