.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Well, we went ice blocking.

On Labor Day (that was pretty recent, right?) we found ourselves in Boise at Simplot Hill to do some ice blocking with friends. Mostly the guys ice blocked while the ladies sat and visited and marvelled at the guys' sweet grass stains. I spent most of the afternoon trying to keep Will out of the street :)
One side of the hill - that's Clyde on the left and Chuck and the other hardcore 'blockers on the right.
Here's what made me laugh: the guys would trek all the way up to a super high point on the hill, but they only lasted until halfway down before they crashed and fell off their ice. Wouldn't it make more sense to just start at that point and save yourself half a hike? Maybe I'm just lazy. Heading back up again. Chuck took a couple pretty awesome spills, including one where as I watched I was pretty sure he broke his leg. But he didn't - lucky! Yep, Troy pulled that wagon up part of the hill and then let go - and I let my child participate. Don't worry, Tawny was there to catch them at the bottom. Will, of course, had a blast.
Proof I was there. Although somewhere there are pictures of me actually ice blocking right before we called it a day - and I resisted the urge to drag my feet and go super slow the whole way!

Now for the good stuff: videos. McKay brought Kenzie's trike but she was hesitant to ride it down the hill - so Clyde commandeered it :). Once again, I'm reminded that my child has no fear, and I'm not convinced that's a good thing.


6 comments:

jayna said...

Oh sweet nostalgia...next date night I'm so taking the husband to be introduced to what REAL fun is! Yeah ice-blocking!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

That looks like fun ... for you guys :) I hate ice blocking!! :)

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Fun fun!! We do need to get together soon!! We need to watch 17 again, unless you already watched. We can watch again though!!! Call me!

mama izatt said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Leslie said...

We'd never heard of iceblocking until moving here. Have yet to try it though. As for your fearless boys...helmets?

Holly Cameron said...

Ok. I went ice blocking...once. Traumatic experience. I had soooooo many bruises on my legs the day after. Like it hurt to walk because of all of my bruises. Man. And I was a teenager then. I don't know if i'd ever do it again...I probably would...but ugh makes my legs hurt thinking about it. I love clyde's little laugh in the movie!