.

Monday, April 6, 2020

Christmas 2k18

Our cute tree! First live one we've had in a few years...

Christmas Eve routine: scripture reading, singalong with kiddos playing the piano, leaving out cookies and milk and carrots and going to bed grumpy haha.

We managed a semi-decent family picture:
... and then things deteriorated a bit haha. Which led to this long-winded social media post a couple hours later: SO WEIRD but it turns out that matching bright smiling faces do not appear magically when the coordinating Christmas pajamas are donned 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️😭. I’m legit out on a quick drive to clear my head while Chuck does 🎅🏼 allllll by himself and I’m feeling all sorts of bah humbug. I reallllly struggle with all the pressure that sneaks in with holidays. I love Jesus, Jesus somehow still loves me, His birthday legit isn’t even until April- why do we let a date on the calendar cause soooo much stress and weight on us? I tried to get Chuck to let us delay ‘Christmas morning’ 24 more hours so I could be in a better frame of mind but he pointed out that would irrevocably traumatize Jack and Carma (who are normally bosom buddies but tonight couldn’t even put out the freaking cookies and milk together without each crying seven times 🍪🥛🤦🏻‍♀️). SO imma say a prayer and quit feeling sorry for myself and go home and go to bed and wake up and love my babies and ignore any feelings of inferiority/anger/self-doubt/pressure to be anything but me. Because, again, Jesus loves me and I’m prettttty sure all He wants for his (early) bday is for us to feel peace and love and share those feelings with others. #EndRant#SleepPlease#ThoseMatchingPajamasTho

Luckily a decent night's sleep helped and Christmas morning was lovely:





Santa had everything laid out sooo nicely and Chuck lit a fire to make everything that much more cozy :).

The kids were allowed out a bit after seven and they were delightfully happy and excited and sweet:

Carma remembered to check the plate we left out for Santa. 

Sweet, happy kiddos - and maybe a bit perplexed by the apples in their stockings haha.
Grandma Pam, Grandma Izatt, and Grandpa Izatt were all there on Christmas morning to watch the kids discover their stockings which was really fun. Carma has been specifically asking for a 'pink guitar' for quite a while, so she was especially excited!

Carma had to travel a bit back into her bedroom to find her gift from Grandma Pam - a super fun dollhouse! 

Possibly the funniest picture from the entire holiday.

And possibly the sweetest picture:

Mmmm definitely the yummiest picture. Chuck + quiche = two of my favorite things ever.

I felt the need to reassure any and all social media friends that I was, indeed, okay so I posted the following: Chuck found my lack of cheer disturbing (per his shirt) so (per my shirt) I opted for the ‘three size bigger heart’ route and we’ve had an excellent day so far complete with happy kiddos and quiche and lovely stockings and three grandparents here for the action. My three hour nap also helped immensely 😏. You are all lovely lovely people and I wish you the merriest of Tuesdays today 😘😘😘

While I napped, the kids played Pokemon and legos and games with Dad.

Later we opened presents the kiddos made at school:

 Jack and Will both made super cute ornaments for us, featuring their darling faces!

This cookie was almost too beautiful to eat... but I rallied a bit and ate it. Super yummy!

 Dinner was over at Lee and Aleesha's house, and then we tucked back in at home with some Apples to Apples and bedtime.

 Pretty lovely day celebrating with my pretty lovely family:

 Merry Christmas!

No comments: