.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Weekend after Christmas


Friday we spent an awesome afternoon with my dad and Quinn and Eden and co! First we hit up Jabbers, a cute indoor play place that I had never been to despite the fact that it's like six minutes from my house:
Obviously all the small children were in heaven... and some of the big children as well (cough, Quinn and Chuck going down the slide, cough).
I got talked into entering the little play structure and then immediately remembered my semi-immobilizing claustrophobia, yiiiiikes. I sucked it up and went down the little slide twice - the things we do to see our kids smile!!

The rest of the time I hung out in the nice, open, happy baby area:
At one point we had a pretty sad Willy boy on our hands (there may have been a brotherly collision on/around the rope swing) so to cheer him up, Chuck put on a puppet show. #cutestthingever

Grandpa spent some time snuggling with his little granddaughters:
while Isaac and Jack gave us a glimpse into the future: won't these little cousins be the cutest college roommates pre- and post-mission??

Sometimes I look at Quinn and can't believe my little brother has grown up so much - amazing wife, two beautiful kids... and then I see his cute, goofy smile and I know the little goober that wore the same 49ers jersey almost every day of his second grade year is still in there somewhere :).
After Jabbers, Grandpa treated us all to a delicious lunch at a nearby cafe. I'll have to put together some more of the pictures we took there sometime - the service was excellent; we were very well taken care of! ;)

Sam and Terri's travel plans were a bit back and forth based on sick kids, but they made it to town and we got to spend a few hours with them and their super cute girlies over the weekend. We had a great time talking and they lovingly choked down my subpar Mac and Cheese (alas, usually one of my finest dishes) and I randomly only took one picture... but it's a good one - Uncle Sam telling Leila about how she should continue to keep men at an arm's distance until she's 30, haha:
And that was our merry post-Christmas weekend!

3 comments:

Holly Cameron said...

So much fun! Ha! That play space reminds me of the one that's literally right up the road and we hadn't been til my sister came to town. Yay for family. Leila she has some izatt, but I think she got more of her Mama in her ;) Her and Carma next to each other are adorable. They're going to be best friends.

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

We love jabbers!! Cute pics, cute fam, love all of your posts :)

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

He wore the jersey every day in fourth grade. That makes it worse or better, whichever point you're trying to make about Quinn.