.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Family pictures. 2009.

.The very talented Melissa (http://wingsofblue.blogspot.com) snapped some shots of our really, super, amazingly photogenic family a few weeks ago. She did an EXCELLENT job, especially considering that Will was a tad grumpy. Here are my favorite group shots (for various reasons, which I will of course detail):
.
*I have also numbered the pictures, for your commenting ease.
1. I think this shot could serve as a metaphor for a lot of things - family pictures, life in general. I see a poignant mixture of posed happiness, utter boredom/despair, anger, and concern/attempted control. .

2. I call this one "Jumper" as both of my children are obviously contemplating taking the plunge. Clyde shows a bit of hesitancy, whereas Will is ALL set to go.
.
.
3. Will looks like a praying mantis in this one, no?
.
.
4. I think this one best highlights the color scheme of our outfits.
.
.
5. Oh, Will, my sweet, very distractable son.
.
.
6. I don't know what Clyde's in the middle of saying, but I have no doubt it was important :)
.
.
7. I love this one, especially in black and white. It reminds me of the family pictures from the late 1800's/early 1900's where the mom and all seventeen kids would be seated and gathered around while the dad stood behind. Fifteen babies to go, I guess!
.
.
10. I think this one is the money shot. I REALLY love the coloring that Melissa chose, it fits the bridge scene perfectly. Granted, Will still isn't looking, but this is much more representative of his little (or rather, BIG) personality.
.
Next post: more awesome pictures with hilarious commentary, plus a heartwarming tribute to my really wonderful hair/make-up team (that's right, I required a team).

17 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Oh my gosh!! What a beautfiul family!!!! #4 for sure! BUT... they're all great!!

Maren said...

LOVE the pictures! I am partial to #1, simply because it rather illustrates my life. :)
(And you might want to change your link to http://wingsofblue.blogspot.com/ just so Melissa's blog gets the hits it deserves.)
Awesome photography!

Connie and Brandon said...

The photos turned out so cute and I love your commentary. Your friend did a nice job!

Kym said...

such gorgeous photos Jana! I am generally no too much a fan of professional photos of kids and families as I think often they too staged/ fake.. but these are so natural and just gorgeous. Lucky to have such a talented friend!

tyler said...

Oh you are right- the last one ROCKS! Really great color scheme selection on your part!

p.s. Did I forbid you to post pictures of me from the morning we worked on you? I had to sacrifice myself to the beauty gods in order for YOU to look amazing...that's what ebff's are for, afterall...

tyler said...

Wow- if Tyler could do hair he really WOULD be perfect- or gay- but sadly it is I, Jayna, NOT Tyler who posted the previous comment. I'm his not-so-attentive wife who forgot to see if she was logged in or not!

Leslie said...

Numer 1...and your commentary...cracks me. As for a fave, I'm leaning toward #6. Lots of great shots though!

Just Jaime said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING! Seriously beautiful in every one. Not sure how anyone else looked but you looked great!

Discount Queens said...

i have been checking your blog RELIGIOUSLY eagerly awaiting this post!!! The pictures turned out AMAZING!!!! Seriously, what an adorably photogenic family you are!!!! And yes, the money shot is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! Completely my favorite. But I do love you in the 'praying mantis' shot, along with clyde and his little hand on his chin! Priceless!

So impressed with your face and my lip gloss :) They were just like, meant to be together!

McKay & Lynndi said...

Your pictures are so amazing. You guys are such a cute family.

lazyizzy said...

Me oh my!

Just lovely

and girl- you are gorgeous.

Melissa said...

I am so glad you are happy with the photos! I loved spending that weekend with you guys.

I love the commentary with each photo. :)

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Ok so you already know which ones are my favorite because we already talked about this, but the picture of Will being a praying mantis makes me laugh every time I see it. To make matters slightly more embarrassing I have laughed at it twice, both times sitting in a room full of people (once in class and once at work).

mama izatt said...

I love the commentary...and I love the pictures. Which one (ones) should I hang on my wall?

mama izatt said...

I love the commentary...and I love the pictures. Which one (ones) should I hang on my wall?

Cathy said...

Hilarious and touching at the same time. How do you do it? Only Jana.

Holly Cameron said...

I love that last picture too! I know i keep saying this but baby clyde and will killllllll me. They're cute now too but i don't know. They're just miniature clyde and will's and it's perfect. Jana. You're gorgeous. You are without a hair and makeup team...but it's fun to get all dolled up so i don't blame yah! Love your little family!