.

Friday, September 28, 2018

December: Church (Specifically Ward) Things


There's a chance that Jack... and Carma... know exactly where the Bishop keeps his candy stash. There's also a chance that they avail themselves of it every Sunday and can often be found leading other children to it haha.

Random Sunday in December - cute Carma, cute Carma and Jack, bulletin board I made, Clyde hiding while I tried to take his picture during primary, and Amy always having my back and getting a shot of Clyde and texting it to me ;). 

Cub Scout field trip to the fire station! Always a good time:
Our Pack Meeting activity was making fun Christmas cards for the youth to take around to ward members along with little food baskets - I loved watching my little Scouts (and their families) being so sweet and creative and thoughtful.

Our ward Christmas party was super fun, as always. The Primary sang songs as ward members acted out the Nativity - I had my eye on one shepherd in particular ;).
The choir sang and then Sister Hyer led the entire room in a rousing rendition of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" - watching each section act out their 'day' was sooo funny!! 

A newer 2nd Ward tradition at the Christmas party is a piƱata courtesy of the Fuhrimans - here are some cute Izatt boys taking their turns:
Jack appointed himself photographer at one point - maybe when Chuck was helping serve dinner? Also I feel like all my kids chatted with Santa, but definitely only got pictures of Carma and Will... I guess we'll check wishlist accuracies on Christmas morning?! 

I mean, sometimes it's a Sunday night and you force Karlina to do the Light the World thing with you by dropping off water at a shelter... but then their sign says they're in need of milk... so you break the Sabbath and grab milk at the gas station... and then sketchily drop the milk off at the shelter in the dark... and then your co-conspirator refuses to take pictures with you haha:
It's cool, Karlina is more apt to selfie it up with me on Sundays after choir apparently ;). Also pictured: cute Carma getting to sneak out of nursery for the last few minutes of primary and also me and Troy. That picture got sent to Dan, lucky guy hahahaha. 

Clyde and Chuck got to head up to McCall for an 11 year old Scout overnighter in December:
Of course, winter campouts are much more comfortable when your leader has a cabin for y'all to stay in ;).

Okay, so mid-November Grace said she wanted me to sing. In public. Without lots of people also singing. Just with one other person singing. Aka a duet. I laughed. And then I realized she was serious.
So I did it! Madison (who has a gorgeous voice!!) and I sang a duet at our stake baptisms the first Saturday in December. I was legit terrified but I practiced and practiced and made Grace help me practice and I did it and supposedly we sounded good. I'm so so grateful for Grace and her confidence in me and her willingness to challenge me and encourage me and teach me. She's so, so cool. Also I'm so, so glad it's over hahahaha.

Sister Hyer ambitiously hosted the members of the bishopric and families for dinner and festivities one night - the Izatt and Nelson children had the BEST time decorating cookies and possibly cleaned Janell out of sprinkles entirely haha:
 Meanwhile, the adults played Relative Finder in the other room and came up with all sorts of connections. I'm generally between 8th and 10th cousins with anyone I've tried this with - usually members of the church from this area.... which is why it was so fun to find out that Tasha and I are third cousins once removed!! That's crazy close! I mean, it makes sense considering we're a day apart from being twins... I haven't decided if I messed that up and came a day early or if Tasha came a day late ;). It was such a fun, lovely evening, and Janell yelling at anyone who tried to help with cleanup or dishes was just one of the many highlights haha.

No comments: