.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

december: Grandma and Grandpa Izatt come to visit!


We were thrilled to welcome Grandma and Pops for a few days after Christmas - especially since they brought Bri and Eli with them as well! Grandma's traditional Star Wars pancakes are even more fun with cousins to help make the batter:


Lots of time was spent at the table playing games (Headbandz and Uno pictured) and at the lego table working together there...

and of course we took advantage of the snow and went sledding! So so fun to watch the different pairings of cousins head down the hill - Carma and Will both loved hitching a ride with Bri, and Jack and Eli were a pretty good match up as they raced over and over:



Jack loved heading down the hill with Grandma on a sled next to him :).

Clyde and Carma and I got a bit ambitious with both of them riding down on my back - soooo painful and yet soooo fun!


Grandma Pam met us at the park and hopped on a sled with Clyde a couple times. From this adventure we get possibly my favorite pictures ever. Like EVER:
Come on though! Can't we all die laughing now?? My mom's face in the first picture as Chuck starts to push them. My mom's face in the second one as she realizes this IS happening and she better get ready. Chuck's face in the second one as he remembers how many holes he puttied and walls he painted in my mom's old house... and her new house... and how great revenge feels. The random guy in the background's face as he watches ðŸ˜‚😂😂😂😂😂😂😂


Aaaand this picture of Jackers and Chuck just melts me.

Another highlight of the week was ROGUE ONE!!!!! Oh my gosh, I (spoiler alert) sobbbbbed like a baby through the final few minutes... which isn't a real surprise, I do it at the end of basically every Star Wars movie. Sheesh. Way good though!

Cousin line-up! 

One evening was dedicated to nerf battles and it. was. hilarious. (Minus the part where I shot Eli in the nose - SO sorry buddy! I promise it wasn't intentional; my aim isn't that good!!) The kiddos loved watching Grandma and Grandpa get into it and sneak around and it was the perfect end to a great visit!!
Can we all enjoy Chuck in the bottom left picture mid-collapse? I can't remember which kid shot him, but they got their money's worth watching his demise haha!

No comments: