.

Sunday, March 5, 2017

June: e'erything else


Let's start off with goofy pictures of my goofy boys! June = no school = more time allllltogether. Jack had a check-up for his ears, they look good! Clyde pulled one of those "big kid on the playground" climbing stunts so I made him get down and lectured him on being a good example... right after I took a picture ;). Cute brothers bonding over the iPad, sigh. I legit have no idea what Jack and Clyde are doing but it made me laugh. 
Jackers... wearing a headband?... making his own hot chocolate. He prefers like six scoops and then half the time can't drink it haha. Will (finally, whoops) had his well-being check up and was thrilled. He loves the doctor. And the dentist. It's the funniest thing; he's just so intrigued by all of the machines and his growth and such. Cute kid. I honestly don't know why we stuck all three boys in the bath together - but it also makes me laugh. Aaaand finally, another impressive showing of Will unloading the dishwasher!


Evidence of Carma's adorableness/random hilarity: meeting baby Jace, snuggling, playing peekaboo, the fountain by the library, playing with chalk,
 Grandma Pam's super cute hairstylin', and jumping with the boys in the sprinkler - she cried and pulled at her shirt forever until I realized she wanted to match them hahaha.

Summer kicked off The List aka everything you have to do before you can ask for a screen. I ended up with a weird gap at the end, hence 'tell mom she rocks'. Best thing on that list, in my opinion, I never got tired of hearing it 3x a day!

Chuck took the boys to the bike park; this marked one of Jack's last rides with training wheels.
Chuck oversaw Will doing some science experiments; Will was obviously totally thrilled and in his element. Jack is bacon... must be why I find him SO irresistible even though he causes me pain and heartache hahaha. Clyde hangs out at the church with Chuck some evenings, this particular time Chuck tried to get him to read Anne of Green Gables ("it's Mom's favorite!!")... I think Clyde made it like three pages before he gave up. 

Girls' night at Applebee's because of some people's blondie addiction. I got there first and took this dramatic selfie whilst waiting... which was good because we didn't get a group picture, whoops! The good news is that Emily sent me the May pictures so I've included them below. Warning: they are terrible. And hilarious. I put them in black and white to make them as forgiving as possible. They are still terrible.

 I honestly still hope they all love me after I post this. Girls' retreat is next month, I can't get kicked out of the group right now!!

 June was apparently a very artsy month - pen drawrings are Will's, chalk Cap'n America is Clyde, and as usual Carma and Jack spent lots of time with marker and chalk.
 While Sam was here he received a complimentary crash course on drawing Star Wars characters from our resident expert Will. Also when Isaac was here we realized he's a legit artistic genius! That bad boy is still on our fridge!

Chuck and I hit 12 years in June, wooo! He had a decent beard, which I requested he shave for our anniversary... so he literally shaved his beard... not his mustache. HA!
Chuck worked that day but sneaked home a couple hours early and was able to help with the cute wedding puzzle I'd set aside for that day. And Carma and I wore orange and green and white to church as a nod to my wedding colors. I love Chuck tons, even with a mustache he is the hottest guy ever and I'm glad he's stuck with me!

A few days later we got to go to a wedding, which is always fun around an anniversary. Chuck's gorgeous co-worker Veronica got married and it was beautiful! We scored seats at a table with another co-worker, the super cool Justin, and some high school friends of the groom's dad. They were the funniest group ever, and we had a great time with them - enough to warrant a picture of our table ;). 
OH, funny story: we watched two random people sit at a table together and I made up a whole movie about them basically - they each had a backstory (the guy went to summer camp with Alan back in the day, the girl was a long lost junior high classmate of Veronica's) and this was their 'meet-cute' and their wedding would be the following June.... until at the end of the reception we watched the girl makin' out with a groomsman and the guy holding hands with a bridesmaid - whoops! Turns out they definitely had dates, just ones that already had seats at the head table. 

Chuck works with such a fun... and funny... group! I thought it was so cool to see how many of them came to support Veronica.
 As always, I stole pictures from Craig - thanks buddy! 

Swimming lessons kicked off in late June and keeping Carma out of the water was All Sorts of Fun, as usual. The boys had a great time and made awesome strides as the summer went on!
 I must be a great mom because I took Will to the library to see the snakes even though I had to force myself into the room and almost threw up like five times. Sooo slithery! Will loved it though!!

No comments: