.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Random December

Okkkay, here's a mishmash of December events leading up to the holidays (which will be probably covered in another post. Or maybe I'll skip it all together because I'd rather get a root canal than go through all those pictures. Well, maybe. I've never actually had a root canal, so maybe the picture processing is better in comparison. Probably so..)

Jack's complete obsession with Carma continues, as does his lack of comprehension about how exactly to gently handle a baby:
Oh man that middle picture makes me laugh - don't you hate it when your arms aren't quite long enough to open the book around the chubby baby you're trying to read to??

Speaking of obsessions, I may have a narcissistic streak that manifests itself in a ridiculous number of selfies - although my darling kids are in them too, so doesn't that make it okay?
 Although please note the absence of Clyde in any of these - he's cool now, yo. (meaning I guess that pictures with your mom isn't cool? We'll just have to agree to disagree there...)

More reading, this time a darling Christmas book authored by our own wonderful Grandma Thomas! What's that, you'd like an Amazon link? Okay: http://www.amazon.com/Mouses-Christmas-Cookie-Patricia-Thomas/dp/1477847049/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

 December girls' night! We met at Nicole's and missed getting a group shot (no waiter/husband/awake child to be found) but these shots sum up the night: Kara and Paulina vying over a baby's affections. Come to think of it, that pretty much sums up most nights where a baby is present haha.
 OH, and Paulina brought us all Christmas presents and our excitement levels were slightly ridiculous. Poor Paulina got super nervous at our pre-opening reactions and tried to temper our expectations by insisting, "Guys, it's really not a big deal..." And of course, our cute nail polish and LINDOR TRUFFLE CHOCOLATE BALLS were even more thrillingly received! Thanks Paulina :). 

 Cub Scout pack meeting: Super fun evening of Christmas activities, including this one - following directions one-by-one and drawing a Christmas scene on a paper plate on your head. (could I have explained that any more painstakingly? Sorry...)
Anyways, it was hilarious, as was the bit where we were sorted into tables by our mini candy bar preference and then given a corresponding personality analysis that was eerily correct, haha.

In other Scout activities, Chuck and the Teachers and Priests got to some really cool wood-working/glasswork in December, courtesy of Brother Fleshman's shop and expertise and generosity:
 Chuck made this super cool picture for his parents for Christmas.

Clyde and Will both love Minecraft, so we borrow it from the library every once in a while. And scenes like this obviously make it worth it, haha:
 
They love to work in 'create' mode and make special worlds - this is a pink and green one for Grandma Pam. (ps I don't really understand Minecraft, despite the long-winded, detailed explanations my boys readily provide at any opportunity. But it seems pretty cute...)

Two cousin birthdays in mid-December = wrangling the four kids for quick bday videos two days in a row = less than stellar results, but hopefully Hazel and Mallory felt the love conveyed in their greetings, haha.
 Oh, and speaking of cute girl-y cousins (with December bdays!) here is darling Leila hanging out with Carma during her family's quick mid-December visit to Idahome. I love how in the top left, Carma's super confident about this friendship and going hands-on and in the picture on the right Leila's kinda like "Really? This chick can't even sit up all that well on her own and I'm supposed to hang out with her??"

 Another early morning sibling xbox bonding experience; have I mentioned my kids get up crazy early? Like 630am is sleeping in? Nutcrackers.

 The boys' holiday parties and sing-a-long at school happily occurred on one of Chuck's days off so I merrily sent him to the school to represent our family. The boys love when Daddy gets to come and hang out in their classrooms:
  That night Chuck had a work Christmas party that was all sorts of awesome. Sean and his wife Melissa generously hosted (as they did two years ago, aka the last Christmas party) and everyone brought food and a white elephant gift for the traditional exchange:
 Some shots of the party 
(awesomely captured by Craig and his wife April and then stolen from facebook by me).
 Everyone thought we were awful parents for leaving the boys happily at home with a babysitter (and their nerf guns) and only bringing Carma buuuut getting to eat and sit and talk stress-free was pretty awesome ;).

Chuck's work team:
 top row: Marty, Mark, Chuck, Justin. Middle row: Craig, Roderick, Sean, Michiko. Bottom row: Sylvia. (ps this pose apparently was the same one they did the day before for a picture at work? who knows, hahahaha)

The next day we ditched the kids again (all four this time) with a babysitter so that Chuck and I could go to the temple. We had a really wonderful time and Carma only cried for Kiki and Stormi like half the time we were gone, so that's good!
 Speaking of Carma, let's focus on her holiday cuteness and not her crippling stranger/anyone-who-isn't-Mommy anxiety:
She started crawling in December, I think mostly to get to the tree quickly; girl was obsessed with those lights :).

And finally, the Sunday before Christmas I donned my best red and green for church and almost died laughing when I saw Maren's outfit! Totally fits: we're super good friends and visiting teaching companions, so obviously we're on the same wavelength for holiday-themed church attire :). And reason #1288 that I love Maren is that she put up with me summoning her from Primary to take this picture with me, haha!

OKAY NEXT UP IS (maybe) CHRISTMAS! Woooo!

2 comments:

Maren said...

Fun times!!

Holly Cameron said...

Gosh. I love you. I can just hear your voice when I read your write ups about the pics. It makes me so happy! Jackers and carma...adorable. I love your selfies with your kids. You can never be too cool. I still take them with you...:) I love how carma sits, with one leg behind her and one leg out front. So cute. Last, I looooveeee that pic of you and chuck after your temple date. It's perfect.