.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Fabulous, Harry, I love the feathers..."


In Relief Society a couple of months ago, they announced that our June activity would be a talent show and encouraged us to start thinking of how we could participate.  I figured I had two options: attempt to develop an actual talent in two short months or go for something silly.

Obviously I went with Option B - and here I am with the cute girls that I got to be crazy with me!  L to R: Grace, Kirsten, me, Kristen.  I recruited Grace first off since she's an awesome performer (and singer, just in case we lost audio) and she recruited Kirsten and then we all peer-pressured Kristen into doing it :). We put together a lip sync to 'Prince Ali' from Aladdin, and considering we spent more time trying to decide which song to do than actually rehearsing, I'd say it went pretty dang well!

The whole activity was SO neat; I loved learning about other sisters in the ward and their talents.  Liz sang opera (beautifully!), Lori paints and does incredible collages (neither of which I knew about and I'm her visiting teacher!!), Annette and her daughter did a fun skit, Sister Garland quilts, Abby sang a cool country song (and looked awesome!).  And there were a few more - artists, knitters, cross-stitchers, bloggers (Wooo Emily!), bakers, etc.

Brother Murphy told a hilarious joke at the beginning and then came back up to show off his tongue twisting skills with a cute story.

The theme of the night was 'America's Got Talent', so our RS Presidency was recruited to serve as the emcee and judging panel.  Sister Holm was 'Chick Cannon' (not pictured) and Sisters Barnhill, Kirkendall, and Greathouse were Huggie Mama, Sandy Jackson, and Karen Osbourne, respectively.  They were all SO awesome!!  The RS activity committee (Emily, Teena, D'Arley, etc) did such a great job on the whole night.


Here's the video of our little routine.  Feel free to watch for my favorite parts - the part where I start doing monkey arms and then stop to make sure Kristen is doing them too, the part where we prove we can't-can't do the can-can, the part when Kristen misses her cue to crash the 'cymbals' and freezes, the part where I do the exact same swaying moves the whole way through, and all the parts in between :). 



Awesome, right?  That's what I keep telling myself at least :).  Thanks so much Grace and Kirsten and Kristen for being my co-performers and making me look good; I'm sure we'll be contacted by an agent any time now...

6 comments:

Grace said...

Awesome!!! Loved it. It was surely lots of fun!!

Holly Cameron said...

Love this! Ahhh i need to see you!!

ELA said...

Awesome is right!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I don't get the title, but i think you are super hot.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

that's so cute! very talented indeed :-)

Meghan & Chase said...

You are so funny! That was awesome- I would love to do something like this but would be too chicken.
YOu did great!