.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Awesome weekend, parts two and three.

As we are about to embark upon another awesome weekend (Lagoon with Chuck's family!) I figured I'd combine the rest of our last awesome weekend into one post, which means LOTS of pictures . . . as usual.

Saturday morning started with some family pictures with my mom. Look forward to those in a future post, but here's a behind the scenes glimpse:


After pictures, we met up with the extremely wonderful Gloria and Heidi for lunch at Olive Garden and then slowly made our way back to my house to prepare for a fun BBQ that evening.

Gloria and Bailey! It was so fun to have the Smiths visit.

Heidi, my BFSC extraordinaire!

Terri, my SIL extraordinaire! They both helped so much with the BBQ prep, don't those fruit platters look so delicious?

Bailey and Grandma Pam and Gloria (who is soon to be a grandma herself!)

We were excited to welcome some extended family from my mom's side to our home that evening - Uncle David, Aunt Sage, cousin Bryn, Uncle Larry, and Aunt Iris.

There was lots of catching up to be done.

Iris and Bryn. I have the best memories of having Bryn as a 'pen-pal' growing up; she lived in Seattle and always sent me sweet little notes and letters - all of which I still have, complete with the sticker-covered envelopes!

Will was still napping when the party started, but Chuck eased him awake with an ABC book - his favorite, of course!
Clyde took on two uncles in a light saber dual outside after dinner.

Will preferred to take an airplane ride.

Then it was time for some games; we played Who What Where and a seriously hilarious 'visual Telephone' game.

I gave Clyde the camera for a bit and ended up with pictures like this . . .

and this. Heidi and I were on a team and were conferring about our next move :).

Sunday morning Quinn spoke in church in my mom's ward and very sweetly taught about the Savior's role in our lives and the sacred importance of the Atonement. So many extended family members and friends came - my grandpa, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. It was really, really neat to see all of that support for Quinn.

Afterwards, we gathered back at my mom's house to watch the soccer game, er, spend time together and chat . . .

We managed to get a few rounds of 'SET' in during halftime. SET is possibly my favorite game ever and I was introduced to it back in the day by Bryn and her family, so it was fun to play together again!

Reed held Bailey a bit to practice for his upcoming grandbaby.

Big Will and Bailey. I'm pretty sure this was Will's first visit back to Boise in quite some time, but now that he knows the way we expect some more visits. Especially since there wasn't time this trip to play Star Wars video game, which proved a bit devastating to Clyde.

Aunt Sage, Aunt Iris, and Chuck. We were so happy that David and Sage were able to come; we hadn't seen them since Sam and Terri's reception three years ago! And despite living much closer to Larry and Iris, we don't see them as much as we'd like to either, so that was also really nice.

Near the end of the soccer game we defied logic and fit a ridiculous number of people in my mom's back room.

That night, after most of the out-of-town guests headed home, we reconvened back at my house with just my mom and siblings to wrap up the weekend.

There was napping, video game playing, and reading. . .

and some more reading :). Terri indulged Will and read with him forever - what a sweet aunt!!

There was also a soccer rematch; I think the teams were Cody and Sam against Chuck and Quinn. Again, I have no idea what the final score was :).

Cody and Chuck also fit in some chess.

Terri and Sam. They headed home the next morning, although Sam left me a most wonderful gift - a webcam! We tested it out last night; it was really fun to use, thanks Sammy!!

And that was (at least a glimpse of) our seriously awesome weekend.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I am in serious need of new games to play. What are these you speak of? Set, Who what..,and visual telephone...do tell! :)

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

This post almost made me feel like I was really there. Also, thanks for the subtle shout-outs to my baby!

Sam and Terri said...

We had such a good time. Thanks for being such a good host to us. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Holly Cameron said...

FAVORITE, favorite picture! Will doing airplane with you and you have a picture looking up at him! A-DOR-A-BLE!!! And it's fun to see Quinn in these pictures!