.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Amen-related Activities in April (aka April church stuff)


Fancy Carma in fancy dresses would like to welcome all to this riveting recap of some church-related activities and adventures from April:


starting off with General Conference weekend! We got to have cousins over for some of it, which was super fun. Beads/jewelry making and marshmallow/toothpick construction were the two favorite activities this round.

Such a great conference - I think the combination of High Priests and Elders for Sunday meetings got a bit overshadowed by the transition from home/visiting teaching to ministering, but this meme got sent around quite a bit and made me laugh.

Random front yard party made even better with the addition of cookies!

Brother Murphy recruited Clyde to help at a Saturday Scout Day - Clyde helped with the Pinewood Derby track and Brother Murphy did the cooking, so all was right in the world.

Oh man, at some point I'll do my 'What I wore to church in 2018' post, but for now here's a preview of Jack and his fists photobombing my documentation attempts...

Pro tip for stake conference survival: cousins to color with!

Random picture of workout class... including a selfie Aleesha and Karlina sent me one day when I skipped haha.

Have I mentioned how much I love workout class and this incredibly supportive, beautiful group of women? And what's fun is that the group changes all the time - women come and go based on work and family and health and motivation - but the classes are still there, welcoming new attendees and welcoming back past ones. 

New addition out front, courtesy of Chuck:

Temple is probably the only place around with a better tulip set-up than our house ;). 

Oh man, Raquel and I coordinate our church outfits unintentionally on a semi-alarming basis. Loved our oranges and pinks on Easter Sunday:

Caption via instagram: Pretty stellar (albeit slightly late) Easter/spring picture of our family, especially when you factor in that we were facing Will’s greatest foe (bright ☀️) and Jack’s greatest foe (being seen with the rest of us in public 😒). I set a goal two weeks ago not to yell at my kids on Sundays (I straight up acknowledged to them that I’m not a good enough mom to achieve that 7 days a week 😳😅) and it’s going better than I anticipated (there’s def still plenty of room for improvement! 🤦🏻‍♀️😩)... which means that scripture about being able to do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me is legit, because Sundays are generally not my best parenting day 😬👀. Yay for resilient kids, forgiving God, and the chance to get better still next Sunday! 🙌🏼

And to finish up, here are a few of the quotes from General Conference that stood out to me as I scrolled through social media afterwards ;).






I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who spoke to His children in ancient times and continues to speak to His children now.

No comments: