.

Saturday, November 3, 2018

December: Every Single Other Thing


Carma and her cute shirt and dance moves would like to welcome you to the final long-winded recap of December!!

Um, included in the rambling-ness are all the screenshots I took in December, like this one from Parks and Rec. Ron is the best. Also, I foresee Jack doing this...

I screenshot a lot of Simon Holland's stuff, but nothing has resonated with Chuck and myself quite like this one. It's saved on our phones and often gets included when we write those 6:05am texts to people. We're old, okay??

 I mean, I realize it's not super kosher to take pictures of people mid-prayer BUT LOOK AT HER LITTLE SQUINCHY EYES! I'll repent later.

I don't know why this tweet makes me laugh so hard but it does. 'absolute scam' hahahahaha

Again, Simon Holland for the win. On the plus side, laundry really slows down because no one ever changes clothes...

More pictures from our outing to see the Last Jedi:

Life is like a hurricane, here in Duck Burg....

I have a very real recollection of my mom breaking either a water gun or a nerf gun outside on the front sidewalk and I can only hope that time I chucked an xbox game through the garage stays with my kids in the same way.

 Carma and Jack spent most of the month of December acting out the nativity, with varying mangers, costumes, and props. Occasionally Clyde and Will allowed themselves to be recruited as support cast members.

Instagram caption: Cutest flashback to being first time parents and needing both of you to do things like putting the baby in his manger 😍😍. (Also, who am I kidding? I'm all about hands-on co-parenting every step of the way πŸ˜‚) (Also, no disrespect intended in Jack and Carma's off-Broadway version of the Nativity featuring an emerging young thespian named Batman in a starring role πŸ˜³πŸ™πŸΌπŸ‘ΆπŸ»)

Official #LightTheWorld calendar

Cute 'kids version' that I found online:

I also found a cool non-religious kindness calendar.

Aaaand my amazingly talented friend Courtney posted this watercolor print she created and it's possibly my favorite thing ever:

 Random pictures of my random kids throughout the month.

Ohh man I love facebook memories - such as this flashback to the day we had our ultrasound and found out Carma June was going to be Carma June:



aaaaand also this fb memory - man I wish I was still only two months behind on the blog ;). Those were the good old days...

 One day during Christmas break Aleesha and I did a swap: I gave her Jack for the afternoon and she gave me Bri. All the cousins had a great time!

Ummm Nycole may have tagged me in this on instagram after the great Jack/shorts/school saga hahaha.

'Sign maker on his 1st day' hahahahahaha

This pillowcase was legit the best $3.49 I've ever spent at Target... and that's obviously saying a lot because, well, Target.

Quick political post, scroll on if it's not your thing... (although I feel like at this point it's everyone's new year's resolution? No?)


But seriously. If I get some disease synonymous with personality changes, no one will be able to tell because mY PeRsOnALiTy ChAnGeS oN tHe ReGuLaR, yo.

99% sure I've posted this before but it's worth a repost:

This spoke to my soul. 

I mean, the fact that I took this screenshot at 8:57am... probably to text to someone to say I was skipping 9am workout class ;).

Umm this is definitely a repost but it was Adrienne Hedger's most popular post from 2017. For good reason. "Look, you're going to be happier if you can let this go." hahahahahaha

Grace, does this remind you of any text conversations with me? ;)

Insta caption: Sunday mornings equal my kids bonding together on random projects- today is assembling Ritz and Nutella/rainbow chip frosting sandwiches for a church snack πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍πŸ³πŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍πŸ³πŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍πŸ³πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🍳. I almost reminded them it's Fast Sunday but instead opted to stress eat a fun size candy bar (dead van battery 😭) πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚. So I think I'll just count sibling bonding and letting me work on a project alone as "doing well" on the Sabbath for today's #LightTheWorld and we'll fast a different day πŸ˜‰.

Seriously though:



Um, paging my girls' night crew... another go to move is I literally say "No" out loud when people start to hand me a gift. I think people possibly give me presents just to witness the awkwardness I exhibit.

I like to leave the candy in the bag across the room... and generally about halfway through, I give up and bring the bag with me haha.

Once upon a time I went to BYU and lived next door to Sherry in T-hall and we maintain our friendship via fb/insta/blogs and her validation of my self-deprecating sense of humor online brought a ridiculous amount of joy to my heart.

and holy moly that's the end of December yo.

No comments: