.

Thursday, August 9, 2018

November church-related items of possible interest


Ohhh man, choice in how we respond to situations is one of the things I'm extremely passionate about drilling into my children's sweet heads. Things are going well, you can choose to feel entitled and special or you can choose to be humble and grateful. Things are rough, you can choose to feel victimized and bitter or you can choose to be hopeful and grateful. I'll hop off the ol' soapbox now ;).

Adventures at church! I subbed in Clyde's primary class and also kidnapped Ila, so she came along too and sat with Clyde :). Grace had a super cute 'vacation day' as primary chorister so everyone else took turns leading the music and I loved watching both Will and Clyde do so! Also Clyde miiiight have had a slight bike crash on the way home, whoops.

Clyde's newly inherited suit made its church debut! Pretty lucky kid to be two years younger than a stylish, generous cousin named George. And Carma.... is Carma haha.

Let the record show if I'm taking pictures of my crazy kids and you photobomb said pictures... you will end up on the blog. Not super sure if that serves as encouragement or a deterrent -- Jason?

The Brothers Izatt (older generation ;) ) hit up the Meridian Temple Open House... not the Idaho Falls Temple haha... with Carma along to keep them in line. I love the varied facial expressions - Lee looks somber, Chuck looks tolerant, and Carma looks tentatively happy but also okay to party on outta there...

Also the Meridian Temple was dedicated! We were able to watch a livestream of the Youth Cultural Celebration on Saturday and it was SO amazing and fun and we loved it. I don't mean to name drop, but we had pretty close connections to three of the numbers sooo that made it extra cool to watch!

The Cub Scouts were able to welcome an Idaho State Trooper as a guest speaker one evening and the boys were totally mesmerized. Jack listened attentively from the hallway and was pretty psyched to receive a hat and be welcomed in for the group picture:

I instagram captioned the picture on the left with "I have a decent record of ISP troopers letting me off with warnings but I feel like this guy will be the one to buck the trend and ticket me 😳🚔😔👮🏻😅🙇🏻‍♀️" .... the picture on the right is Jack laughing as he looks into the future and sees my ISP-issued ticket in January ;).

Workout class awesomeness - Nicole came while she was in town and (as always) jumped on stage and was adorable and bouncy and energetic and I just love her so much. Also I stalked Karlina to her car after class one day until she took a picture with me haha. Also BLACK LIGHT ZUMBA! Soooo fun.


Solo spiritual sojourn in sepia.


My dad found this cool history of my great-great-great uncle John Price Clifford and shared it with me:

Oh man, more wisdom about how gratitude leads to happiness. Love it.

I loved reading this section from an October conference talk - I think so often it's tempting us to wonder what our church ward/congregation has to offer us when we should be looking for ways to lift where we stand and create the ward/congregation we want to have.

Pretty perfect note to end on ;). 


No comments: