.

Monday, May 7, 2018

July: Izatt fam reunion @ Lagoon!


One sunny July afternoon, Chuck packed up allll the camping gear and I packed up allll the clothing and we yelled at the kids to get in the truck or be left behind and we drove on down to the Izatt family reunion in Utah!
Carma and Chuck chose this special occasion to debut their coordinating Ariel / Little Mermaid shirts. 

It just kills you, doesn't it? Whatta guy.

We were thrilled to arrive at Amanda's and jump into the cousin fun! Carma very quickly shimmied into the Elsa dress haha.

Some randomness out back:
Ahhhh I love cute little nieces!!

Our reunion weekend fell on Melissa's birthday so Aleesha made these incredible cupcakes to celebrate - some with perfect little cameras and some with Melissa rock climbing on them! They were equally delicious; I made sure. HAPPY birthday Melissa!!
We headed over to Lagoon to set up camp... and we also sneaked over for a few nighttime rides. I braved the Ferris wheel which was fine as long as we didn't spin!

And then Saturday morning we all woke up bright and early and headed to the park! (I see you Mallory!)
I pretty much didn't see Clyde all day. We gave him and George free rein and boyyyy did they take it! They were here and there and everywhere - my favorite was hearing "Mom! Jana! Moooommmm! Jannnnna!" from the sky and looking up to see them crossing overhead haha.

Will was also out and about most of the day, although I think? we required the 9-year-olds to be with an adult haha.
Jackers split his day - half with Mom in Kiddieland, half with Dad finding allll the rides he was tall enough for. 

Carma June was thrilled with whatever ride she could get her buns on. She buddied up with many a different cousin and had a splendid day!
Jack and Carma were super cute hittin' up Kiddieland together right when we got there - there were zero lines so it was that blessed waltz onto a ride, hop off, scurry back into line and waltz back on!

A group of us sought some shade in the afternoon by sneaking into the theater and watching some kind of jungle music/dance show. And if I thought I was sweating, I can't imagine what was trickling down the backs of these performers - they jumped! and danced! and sang! and had about twelve costume changes! many required fur and feathers and leather-ish pants! But it was cute and entertaining, so we appreciated their sacrifice on our behalf:

Lots more pictures of cute cousins together at the park, with some aunts and uncles (and Grandma!) mixed in!

And a few more - some back at the campsite, some on rides. Love spending the day with all these people:

Because we were spread out, we spent the day texting back and forth pictures of everyone's adventures. I loved all these parent/kiddo pictures!

We all rounded up towards the end of the night for a family bumper car battle - somehow this has become a tradition haha:

 Also monumental: I faced my fear and rode the SkyRide again, AND I EVEN TOOK MY SMALL CHILD ON THERE. Mallory was loads good at keeping me chill, and watching Chuck descend safely ahead of us helped ;).


 We paused for a quick family picture on our way out of the park - this was my instagram caption: 
In case Lagoon is looking for a new ad campaign, here's my pitch: At the end of a 12 hour day at our amusement park, you too can leave with one child passed out, two children in a zombie-like trance, and one child MIA because cousins are loads cooler than Mom and Dad 🙌🏼. Another awesome Izatt family reunion is winding down (more pictures to come when I'm reunited with the magic of wifi) and I'm continually grateful that the hot guy I fell in love with came with such an incredible family ❤️.
 Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for our Lagoon passes! So fun. We attempted a cousin line-up in the morning (I think we were missing James and Emily?) and at one point in a line I realized I had one kid from each family so I took a picture. We are so grateful to live so close to everyone on Chuck's side of the family so that our kids can grow up knowing all of these cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents - I love watching the friendships develop! 

No comments: