.

Sunday, April 1, 2018

june: all the other things


I can't start off a June recap properly without highlight the wonder that is Grandma Pam, since she started off June by taking care of our kids for three days while Chuck and I were in Utah! She did an amazing job and Carma's hair was super cute every day and she got everyone where they needed to be AND went to the school's end of the year assembly to see Clyde receive an award. My mama is the best. Also, please enjoy the picture of Carma and Will by her fairy garden. It's constantly evolving but even I have to admit it's pretty dang cute.

Stealing my instagram caption for this set of pictures of the boys and their teachers because they were literally the best:  Last day of school for the big boys... and I'm not there 😳😭. Ignoring the mom guilt and focusing on gratitude for the amazing teachers we had this year; I feel like each of them was tailor made to fit my boys' individual strengths and challenges. Mrs. Keene has brought out the absolute best in Clyde - he has grown and matured so much and thrived under her praise and high expectations for him 😎. Mrs. Wallin has loved and appreciated Will.i.am for who he is 😜, and seeing your child accepted and cherished like that is such a blessing as a mom ❤️. Ms. Cherry took my shy, slightly clingy Jackers and through love and enthusiasm and patience gave me back a confident, excited kindergartener-to-be πŸ‘¦πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ(who is still pretty shy and somewhat lovestruck, hence his nervous smile in a picture with his beloved teacher πŸ˜πŸ˜‚). Teachers are fantastic and I'm so glad my boys had these three incredible women this year! πŸ˜˜πŸ‘©πŸΌ‍πŸ«πŸ‘©πŸ»‍πŸ«πŸ‘©πŸ½‍🏫

The second week of June we jumped riiiight into summer, starting with lunch at the park! Totally love this program: it gets us out of the house and saves me from having to make yet another meal (okay, let's be honest, I don't make very many meals to start with hahaha) and means we go through at least one loaf of bread fewer every week:
More lunch at the park at our very own purple park! Also, let's all "Awwww" at the pictures of Carma and Andy holding hands, eh? Did I instigate that? Absolutely. Do I have any regrets? Absolutely not. We got to have Clark and Andy over a lot one week while Jason was at Scout camp and Grace had strep (again! bless her heart!) and we loved having time with those little boys; they are legit so chill and easy to have over.

More summertime activities: one day we did lunch at the park, plasma, AND the library all while Carma was wearing the cutest outfit courtesy of new hand-me-downs from the amazingly generous and shopper extroidinaire Angie.

We hit up the path by our house a few times before the construction started. We loved watching the progress over the summer, especially when it was right out our front window. And we waited excitedly for the new and improved greenbelt path!

Oh man, I love this. One day Jack came home from playing at Clark's house casually chatting about how Clark's cousins from Texas were there too. I did some quick mental math/family tree calculations and told Jack that he had just been playing with his very own third cousin!! Jason's sister Jolyn is married to my second cousin Todd (full disclosure: I don't think he and I have ever met haha), who is the son of my dad's first cousin Gary. That Sunday in nursery we realized Carma was playing with Todd's younger son Cooper (the cute boy also looking up). So fun!
So, to recap: in the top left picture are five of the six Montgomery sisters. Lois is second from right, Velma is the tiny girlie right in the middle. Lois had a son named Cory, who had a daughter named Jana, who had a son named Jack and a daughter named Carma. Velma had a son named Gary, who had a son named Todd who had sons named TJ and Cooper. I just love that we made this connection - that two sisters photographed together in the late-1930's are the great-grandmothers of these two boys photographed together in 2017!

And speaking of my dad, here are some cute pictures of my kids 'fishing' in his backyard. Grandpa bravely took on all four kiddos for a movie and lunch and fun while I went to the temple one June day, and they loved it!!

Summertime = lots of family time... which let's be honest, often we fill with screen time but also the occasional board game or puzzle ;).

We borrowed Who/What/Where from Grandma Pam and Will was obsessed with playing it as often as possible. The two little kiddos opted to find their inner artists via watercolors and paint.

Clyde displayed some pretty impressive organization skills one day as he sorted all of his Nerf paraphernalia. He also continued his interest in baking, and I'm honestly not sure why he was in the shopping cart but it kind of makes me laugh.

Ahhh Willy boy. One day he wrote out a chart with everyone's birthdays and Chuck's and my anniversary and then recorded some observations IF all of those events had occurred the same year, i.e. 'Clyde would be the youngest child, not oldest' and, of course, 'Mom couldn't of (sic) married dad" - Chuck wouldn't have been alive in June haha. This kid's mind and the directions it goes will never cease to amaze and entertain me!

Jackers. Cutest, most mischievous kid we've got. Thank goodness for the cute.
 Carma Junie continued her love of princesses - she could often be found dancing to her youtube 'princess playlist' or practicing daredevil-ish feats in the front yard.

David and Sage came to town and it was so so wonderful to see them! We visited with them over at my mama's house one afternoon and then had a game night at Larry and Iris' house another evening. We played a game called Code Names that seems pretty chill but got intense real quick. I'm pretty sure most of the laughter came from how long it took me to identify "Loch Ness Monster" given the clue of 'Scottish', whoops!! And I loved seeing this trio of girlies: Cecily, Kara, and Rachel.
Another instagram caption: "One uncle endured the selfie, one uncle rushed to make sure he was in it πŸ˜ŽπŸ€³πŸ»πŸ˜‚ ... and spending time with the lovely visiting aunt on the right made my week!!" I just love aunts and uncles even when I drive them crazy ;). "Well, I guess we know that the right Hunter brother became an ob/gyn!"

June weather means pretty intense rainstorm and then blue skies ten minutes later haha:
June weather also means I get my day lilies a bit longer, hooray!

Girls' night in June... which is I think when Emily shared something... right? 

Carma and Jack both tried their hand at hairstyling with me as their semi-willing model. 

This was just too cute at workout class one day - Bridget and Addie hopped on stage to help lead, love them!!
Oh man, we'd been trying to get together with Chuck's co-worker Veronica and her husband Alan forever for some tennis and it finally happened! It was suuuuuper fun... right up until we lost haha. I blame it on the fact that I wore my everyday sneakers instead of my workout/tennis sneakers... and also that they played better than us ;). 

June also brought a slight off-shoot of Chuck's typical bike purchases: a scooter! So fun! I wasn't at all upset that he made this purchase without consultation with me! We needed a scooter! So great!
 I might have been won over by these cute moments of Clyde and Carma putting it together with him and also the fact that he bought the pink one because it was less expensive than the blue one haha.

Okay, and to send June off in style here are some random screenshots I took of things that made me laugh:
  


 Okay, deepest apologies for the potentially offensive language in this one and also the fact that it's for sure not actually Samuel L. Jackson's twitter account, but this one makes me laugh realllllly hard every time I see it. Which is a lot. Because it's still in my photos on my phone and I scroll past it a lot. KNEES TO CHEST!

No comments: