.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

july: Independence Day


We are biiiiig time Patriots 'round here (unless you're talking about the football. And then we are absolutely #NeverPatriots) so we start celebrating the independence of this fine nation a couple days before hand by wearing our best red, white, and blue and also our Cinderella shoes to church:
There's a chance I partied too hard too soon, because I definitely was up all night July 3rd pukin' my patriotic guts out. You're all welcome for that visual. So Tuesday morning circa 7:50am, I stayed upright long enough to make sure the boys were wearing their Scout shirts (big boys) and flag shirt (Jack) and helmets and sent them on their way to the church for the ward breakfast before I praised God that Carma was still asleep and stumbled back to my bed. 

But thanks to lovely people in my ward who took pictures and posted them (and also gave them to me for the ward history), here's what I missed, starting with my boys helping as the Cub Scouts did a flag ceremony:
Alllll the delicious food! 

Alllll the wonderful ward members!
 Including a few who got singled out, including Bishop Merritt in the striped blue polo shirt. Love that guy.

 The primary kiddos had their traditional parade around the church on their bikes and scooters and this year there were two motorcyclists leading the way - Brother Patterson and Brother Curtis. Nampa 2nd Ward doesn't mess around, yo.

The boys made it home safe and sound and then Brother Curtis came over to take Will for a long-awaited ride. Will loved it! And I was proud of myself for making it to the front doorway to take these pictures haha.

Okay, the next eight hours are pretty hazy. I was blessedly improving but still stayed in bed. The kids watched PBS and played outside all day. Don't ask me what they ate haha.

But then Chuck got home and things got loads better! We stuck with our new-ish tradition where we opt out of traffic and driving long distances and real fireworks and instead stay close to home and admire all of our neighbors' illegal fireworks... THAT WE DO NOT CONDONE, but if they're going to light them anyways we might as well watch, ya know?
Please laugh at the Yankee Doodle thing. Or don't. Pretty sure I've laughed at it enough for both of us ;).

Chuck and all the kids bicycled up and headed around the neighborhood to see what everyone was up to:
They paused for some sparkler fun with the generous Nelsons before continuing home.

Once it got pretty dark the six of us headed out to the trampoline and ooooohed and aaahhhhed our hearts out:
 Pretty legit show, if you ask me!

 Seriously, this was so comfortable and fun. We decided it's the only way to go for future years.


 The boys decided to make a night of it out on the tramp. Love Jack's and Will's little heads so close together haha. Also please note the many Nerf guns within arm's reach, #safetyfirst

Happy Fourth of July! We love 'Merica! Very committed to not being sick for it next year! Make America Kind Again! USA! USA!

No comments: