.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

May: everything else.


All I wanted for Mother's Day was a picture with these four yahoos where they were all looking at the camera and smiling AND I GOT IT!! Seriously crazy - this never happens. 
And as a bonus, I got a slew of cute cards and pictures too! The paint handprint ones I actually did - I got a totally crazy idea to have the kids in nursery at workout class do it one day. It was a little insane, but they came out way cute!

And this gem from four years ago popped up in my facebook memories and I almost died laughing! Look at Will hahahaha. And Clyde's cute scrunched up nose! And Jack's pirate face!
I talk about how awesome my mom is all the time, here's some more verification of that: who else still has all their original Little People toys? My kids love them. Also Jack created an elaborate Smurf village/possibly battle scene? in "The Hole" in my mom's backyard. And my mom and Carma collaborated on this beautiful art piece. Love it all.

The beginning of the month found Carma Junie at the hospital to get her adenoids out:
She was a champ all throughout pre-op, she and Daddy sang a million songs and she cooperated with all of the nurses and everyone. Afterwards was a different story, she did not love coming out of the anesthesia and she took for-e-ver to eat or drink anything. Finally chocolate milk and crackers wooed her and then she was back to being bright and giggly and wild. Chocolate milk, man. It's the best.

She was pretty back to normal when we got home, although she took a couple naps over the next few days:
I don't know if she heard about the 'apple a day keeps the doctor away' thing or just has a propensity for fruit theft....

It was Jenn's birthday at workout class so everybody got party hats!!! I wish I had a picture of Jenn right here, but I don't have one handy so I'll just talk about her instead. Jenn is the most genuine person ever. She has a gift for making people feel welcome and loved and valued. She has created a workout class program that is empowering and fun and addictive and hardcore. Her testimony is evident in the way she interacts with her family. She's just a really beautiful person!
Okay, so Jack is our best eater as far as trying and liking food. Chuck and I took the two younger kids with us to a Chinese buffet restaurant one day and Jack immediately fell in love. He constantly asks to go back, and reminds us frequently that "Mondays kids eat free!" So finally one afternoon he and Chuck went to eat there and Jack was just so happy haha.

Will finally got around to starting the Harry Potter series, but didn't jump in quite as enthusiastically as a) Clyde did or b) I would have guessed that Will would. He still made time for other books in the meantime, and eventually stalled circa book 6 for a time.
In spite of his somewhat tepid response to HP, we will keep him, however, because he's a nut and he makes us laugh. Like FaceTiming me from his room.. while I'm on the front porch. Or talking to Grandma Pam on the phone for a half hour while she drives and is bored. 

Mid-May found us out in Middleton for a really wonderful night welcome Krew home from St. Jude's. Some friends in their ward (friends that I know too, from Boise - small world!) put together an incredible carnival fundraiser and it was way cool.
Quick picture with Teena, one of Nycole, Janell, and Emily, a group shot plus Jack haha, and one with cute Michele. The overlap with that Middleton ward is so funny - two families from 2nd Ward have moved out there, the kids/grandkids of another 2nd Ward family live there, my cousin and her family are in that ward, and the aforementioned friends from Boise. I always joke that people tell me Middleton is so big, yet everyone I know that lives out there is in the same ward ;).

Okay, the night did end on a slightly terrifying note: I lost Clyde. Could not find him anywhere. This is probably the most scared I've been when having lost a child, usually it's at the store and they pop out down the aisle within like 15 seconds. This was probably a solid 20 minutes. He wasn't anywhere in the open grassy area. We walked back to the car, sure he had already done so and was in there reading. Nope. At this point I figured the best scenario was that he'd made friends with some of the kids there and wandered back to their house with them or something? Nycole sensed my panic and stuck around; we drove over to the other side of the park and....

there he was:
Little pill! Just casually helping Aaron load up the trailers. He'd apparently been there for quite some time, ferrying tables and chairs over and crawling around inside the trailer to get things moved and fit. I think my nonsensical ramblings to him went something like, "CLYDE CHARLES DON'T YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN BUT I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR HELPING AND GIVING SERVICE, YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD KID BUT SO HELP ME YOU SCARED ME TO DEATH BUT AGAIN, GOOD JOB JUMPING IN AND WORKING HARD BUT JEEZ LOUISE JUST GIVE ME A HEADS UP NEXT TIME YOU LITTLE PILL."

Also, please admire some of Clyde's handiwork from the month. He adorably created this list of 'princesses' during church one day and I love that his sister is first:
Maybe someday I'll do a roundup of all of her church outfits, but for now here's just a few. She's starting to get more of an opinion about what she wears, which is really cramping my style haha.

One day plasma was tragically closed (someone had crashed into a power pole right in front of them, whoops) so instead of making money, we opted to wander around Target and spend some - although not as much as Carma would have liked. I let her walk on her own accord instead of being trapped inside the cart, and holy moly, it's amazing how many princess things you can find at her eye level! My favorites were her just putting a Trolls toy into the basket as if I'd just go along with it at that point haha. 
Ahhh random pictures of my kids and how I spend most of my time driving them around or being borderline suffocated by them. Love!

Hmmm more random pictures... oh, does anyone else watch Brick Vault on youtube? It's strangely enchanting. A guy goes through and details Lego Minifigures. We usually watch the Star Wars ones. So it's legit him talking about all the minifigures of Luke Skywalker. What years and in which sets they've come out. Which minor changes were made to the mini figure. The value of each mini figure. You haven't lived until Jack has asked you how old you were in 2000, and then proceeded to share how much Obi Wan Kenobi was worth that year. 
The library had a cute display about May being National Bike Month, so obv we took advantage of the photo op.

Okay, one morning Clyde's door mysteriously shut on its own but these four were convinced something sketchy was afoot. So naturally they armed themselves and prepared for battle. Spoiler alert: it was the wind.
This is the most randomly beloved tradition in our family, and I finally thought to document it. When we get back into the car from Costco, I open up the back and the kids get to crawl over the back seat. That's literally it. It only happens at Costco. The joy that it brings these two is so random but we love it!

Girls night, yo. How we managed to sneak out two weeks after our retreat, I have no idea, but I'm glad we did! 

Okay, thus concludes the legit May recap and thus begins a bunch of hilarious screenshots. In May I discovered the brilliant cartoonist/humorist Adrienne Hedger and it's UNCANNY how much she knows about my marriage haha. Find her on instagram (Adrienne Hedger) or facebook (Hedger Humor) or here's her website: http://hedgerhumor.com. One afternoon I literally scrolled through her instagram and saved like a million posts that just rang so. dang. true.










Seriously, this is probably only like half of them. She's the best.

Okay, that's May! Wooo!

No comments: